Posts by rosemerry23

Hi Suzannaski- Your link did not work, but I'm interested to see what the poultry workshop this week is all about.  Where is it?  We're a little busy on Wednesday's, but I may have time to get to some of it.  Thanks!  
Hello- i guess there are a lot of people on here from MA.  I didn't read throught he whole thread-there were so many.  I'm in Clinton, MA.  Anyone else here from my area?  Warning- i just found out chickens are not allowed in my town.  
Hi- I'm from central Mass, and have had chickens for 5 years.  We started with 2 bantoms that we got from a family that needed to relocate their pets and coop because of divorce.  Now that coop has moved 2 more times with me, and it houses 7 hens.  My hens are getting older, and production has really dwindled.  But, now that spring is here, we they lay just enough eggs to keep the fridge full! I joined this site becuse I was looking for help/advise.  One of my...
I have had a neighbor that complained.  i'm not sure why, because he hasn't had a problem with them in the past but now he does I guess.  I think he is going through a tough time and decided to spread around his misery. I spoke with the Health Inspector, and asked if i could do aything to change the ordinace, and he said "Its a law and there's no way to change it".  He was very short with me and was obviously trying to be intimidating.  This was before I had even found...
I have a similar question.  The ordinance in my town says: "Animals kept as an accessory use at a residance  shall confirm to the regulations of the Board of Health.  Swine and fur bearing animals are prohibited.  Livestock shall be allowed on parcels in excess of 2 acres.  No animal shall be stables or kept within 25 feet of any property line." My property is 3/4 acres, so i know that "livestock" is not permitted.  I'm wondering if I have an arguement because,...