Posts by SilkiesForEver

They always have terrible timing, don't they? 
Also, as I've used d'Uccles in showmanship myself, I have to add that they are very intelligent and independent, which makes them difficult to train. My pullet didn't like being in one position (my hand) for so long. And, as dsfrango said, they are extremely difficult to keep in show condition. They have a ton of vulnerable feathers that are easily damaged. 
He looks like a Sumatra mix to me. 
Exactly right. She is a silver laced Wyandotte. 
Thanks. I will look into those. 
Can anyone tell me some names of good trail/game cameras? I'm looking for one under $100. 
Found feathers of the "missing" hen. Pretty sure she's dead also, but raccoons don't normally eat the whole bird. What I've found is that they eat some of it, usually just the head and thighs, and leave the rest. 
 It's an awful feeling.Thank you.
Also, can anyone tell me some names of good trail/game cameras? I'm looking for one under $100. 
    They are great. They seem to be more majestic than the younger birds, to me at least. They always have such a wise air about them.    Thanks all. Raccoons ARE the worst. Traps will be set, and I am going to purchase a game camera soon, hopefully.  I had the "missing" hen for longer than the others, and she's been through quite a lot. Years ago I had a predator wipe out my grow-out pen, and 3 days later she comes home, squawking up a storm, wanting food. I'm really...