Posts by tshirtdr1

It's mites. My parents' chickens had them once and they ended up culling them all and letting the coop sit over the winter. Might want to consult the extension office if you need advice.
My Chicks are hatching and doing well. I will update with photos later. Also have a hen setting. I am hoping to introduce the chicks to then hen after hatch (hers are 2 days behind) any thoughts?   Donna P  
Sounds great. Get back in touch with me when you're ready and we'll see how our girls are doing.   Donna
I have eggs hatching next week in the incubator and broody hen. I would like to hatch a different breed or two before it gets cold here in the South. I have a small, but heated fully enclosed chicken coop with concrete floor. I have a spring flock of 7 golden comet and 1 rhode island red hens, and 4 (soon to be two) rhode island red roosters, pure stock from TSC. (I know the comets are a cross from Delaware and RIR) The hatchlings should still be sex-linked. My chickens...
Wow! Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to hatching with all of you.
I set my eggs last Sunday September 1st. Looking forward to my first hatch from my new Sex Link/RIR flock. My pullets are red sex link and my roos are RIR so I am expecting the babies to be sex linked, right? Candled them today and definitely saw some motion in some of them...Will update in a few days. 
I set my eggs last Sunday September 1st. Looking forward to my first hatch from my new Sex Link/RIR flock. My pullets are red sex link and my roos are RIR so I am expecting the babies to be sex linked, right? Candled them today and definitely saw some motion in some of them...Will update in a few days. 
I set 42 eggs last Sunday. I was thinking that if I raise the pullets over the winter, I will have a nice flock of spring hens. Two days later one of my hens went broody with 7 eggs. Free rooster chicks, anyone? 
I purchased all of my chickens at TSC at one time. Knowing that I wanted babies, I purchased both pullets and some straight run. I have had no problems whatsoever. Your chickens will be healthy if you isolate them. Don't go buying chickens from other people. Isolate your flock and let them eat lots of grass or grass clippings and bugs in addition to your regular feed. Clean water and feed and lots of bugs and grass, and biosecurity. They will be healthy and happy. 
Sometimes it's hard for "regular" people to realize that autistic children grow into autistic adults. They are often enamored with animals because it is the only way they find acceptance. I think this lady is autistic and needs some friendship. If you aren't willing to befriend her (and possibly have her around a lot) then please just ignore her. Rejecting her may really damage her emotionally. Your puppies probably enjoy the excitement.