Posts by FrenchHen

1) What type of bird , age and weight.  Two years, Turken, she's kinda heavy2) What is the behavior, exactly. Swollen neck/breast area, feels like it's fleshy.  tennis ball sized where her naked neck meets her feathered chest.3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?not sure exactly, but at least a week.4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?no5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. no6) What happened, if anything that you...
I'm so excited!  My velociraptor of a broody is sitting on duck eggs, and it's hatch time!  They're due tomorrow or Thursday, but I have three pips and at least another cheep!
Michael also likes to take his flashlight and "candle" plastic eggs.
chicken and dumplings, coq au vin, any number of Mexican dishes, just cook it long at a low temp using a moist (stew, crock pot, braise, etc...) technique.
My sons are playing with their plastic eggs again.  I keep hearing snippets of conversation like "the mama wants to sit on these and raise babies!" and "We need to incubator them!  We don't know what's inside!" The best:"Keep the lid closed!"  and "We need another incubator!"My name is Mary Beth and I'm raising a new generation of poultry lovers.
The correct response:  "Don't talk to your mother like that young lady.  They're already in the car with me."Then pick out what you want.But you get points for being honest.
Hazing rituals for police dog cadets.
Violet, dear.  Mister Wonka told you not to chew that gum!
Yes, please post pics.  I'm fascinated, in a weird, side show sort of way.
Start a worm trap.  We have about a 2foot by 1 foot piece of cardboard held down by a rock.  The worms will surface to eat the cardboard, and you have free, instant duck treats.  They now come running when I call them in the hopes of getting duck spaghetti.  Keep the cardboard damp and check it in the morning or during a cooler part of the day.