Posts by CowChick

Do you know how many are females yet ?   Can you post some photos of what they look like now?   Got them all named yet ?
    I Picked up my part of the NH/VT Silver Appleyard Duck Preservation Project today. 7 ducklings became "back seat drivers" all the way home. Two are mine and the other 5 go to another person interested in this rare breed of duck. Anyone know how to sex 7 day old ducklings? Beak color? These ducks are my "weapons of mass destruction" on garden snails.   I was invaded with snails last year and lost 70% of the food I had planted.   I tried the Diatamacious...
I have been following all the info on this breed.  Really love all the updates and photos!!  PLEASE keep them coming!!Wondering what the black ones look like as they grow.I would really love 3 Swedish Flower chicks.  I would put them right to work eating the bugs in my garden!Anyone in the Vermont/NH area have any yet ?Have a safe holiday,
Great thread.
I am looking for a few Blue Laced Red Wyandottes or Splash BLR chicks.Speckled Sussex too.Can any of you good folks direct me to someone in this state or NH who has some?Thank you.Lets keep this Vermont thread going.  Need more activity!!  Enjoy the sunshine!!
Just moved to this wonderful village and am looking to meet other agricultural minded folks. I brought my cows with me and am looking for a few good winter hardy chicks.Any chicken folks near Wells River ?Are there any chicken swaps in the area?Anyone going to the Groton in door Farmers Market tomorrow?Saw 50 robins on the road scavenging in the mud this morning. Its a hopeful sign!!!Happy Spring!Janis
This morning I drove by the location of tomorrows chicken swap at Wellwood Orchards in Springfield and..people are setting up ALREADY~!!This is a wicked BIG event.Do not miss it~!If you are coming to buy birds, bring Boxes~!Get there early if you want a decent parking space.the action starts at 10 am~!Looks like a food wagon was setting up, so there will be food on the premises.bring appropriate clothes for rain, heat, snow etc.. Mother Nature has been confused lately up...
Springfield May 17th.Wellwood OrchardsCome early.Bring good stuff.Anyone bringing Speckled Sussex, Marans or BLRW ?
Howdy fhdogs and welcome.Only 3 weeks left to sign up for the training.Please copy/paste the training info above into another e mail and send it to everyone who has animals.I really would like to see more Vermonters and folks from NH there, as this is the ONLY national training coming to VERMONT and all of New England.I need 6 good chickens for the Sunday class session, so if anyone signs up for the training and has chickens that would like to be "students", please let me...
An Immersion Animal Disaster Training.  MAY 2 & 3  2009Noahs Wish  www.noahswish.orgLocation: Scenic, rural Chester, VermontFee: $125 New Noahs Wish Volunteers         $85   Returning Volunteers, Students & CERT membersTraining is designed to simulate the conditions that you may experience during a disaster deployment, therefore we require you to be self-sufficient for the entire training period. This means sleeping at the training location and bringing enough food and...