Posts by chickenwhisperer

A few years ago, after being on a waiting list for 2 yrs, a pet store in Reno finally called and told me when I could go pick up my baby monkey.When I finally got there, I was talkin with the guy, and thank god he was honest and told me the truth about owning a monkey.These are the words that really stuck, and helped me decide not to buy the monkey . . ."Owning a monkey is like having a 2.5 yr old child, for the next 30 yrs"I went home with a hedgehog instead
Hey WMR, I got my pet rabbits and my meat rabbits . . .Imma give you a few words of advice.Dont start paying attention to how cute they are, or give them cute names, or pet them, or get attached to them in any way.I consider myself a DIY kinda guy, and there aint much that phases me, but it took about 15mins and many "ready-set-gos" before I could actually dispatch my first coupla rabbits.Now I just dont think about it, and keep the meat rabbits away from the pet rabbits.
Ive seen all the vids on YT, including the one you are talking about with the pig on its back.Im afraid that Ill be dealing with most of the negative aspects of your reply with this pig.I put an ad on CL right after I did this one, earlier today... no response as of yet.Thanks
Your good, you wont and she wont
So my girlfriends mom has a rescue potbelly pig that is in dire need of having its feet trimmed.The nails are about 4-5 inches long and the vet wants 1500$ just to trim them.I told her Id look into it.The vids I have found on YT and such are not very helpful as far as details.Is anybody experienced enough to tell me how to do it, or even come and show me 1 time so I can do it in the future?This poor pig really needs some help, and that vet bill is just unattainable right now
So cute!If you were closer, Id try to buy one or 2!
Lol, I think Murphy MUSTA been a rabbit breeder . . .The part that really sucks, is that I had to wait like 6 months to find that rabbit, I wanted a fawn flemish doe . . .
She was a pedigreed flemish doe, 8 months old only.I dunno what happened, she was fine last night when I fed them all.She was curled up in her hidebox like she was snuggled in the hay . . .She was also the only rabbit I actually paid for . . .
So I have about 20-25 rabbits, some are babies, most are rescues, I paid $$$ for 1 . . .Guess which one I found dead this morning . . .
I hear ya on opinions!Dont get me wrong, I love rabbits.All my rabbits are rescues, they all had either behavior problems or were "not cute and bunnylike", which is how I ended up with all my rabbits.I know from experience, once a rabbit is not "cute" in the traditional sense, they get unwanted really quick; and "unwanted" leads to neglect which leads to behavior problems . . .It was not my intention to add to that never ending cycle of "cuteness".NOT counting these 5...