Posts by rancher hicks

Night all.    thunder and lightening off and on all day.  did manage to clean a coop though.   boom, boom, boom
I bought some squares from Speckledhen.  Whatta ya think?       
Cynthia do you recognize these?   These will go in our bedroom. DW says they'll look good in there.     
 Don't waste your money. It's clear from the picture that the debri is lightweight and dry. Clearly staged.  Gunk that gets in your gutter will be wet and heavy like I had today.  Many of these home improvement ads are staged. Not nearly the way you'd encounter things in real life.   This device will spray everywhere and you'll be soaked in no time.   I like this device but it will take some practice using it.    No device will get things completely clean but I just want...
 No it works just fine as long as you do it more often and don't let debri pile up to the point you have little plants growing like this side of the house did.  It means using a  long extension cord and dragging the shop vac along. They don't roll easy on grass.  I used it on the garage side and it picked up pieces of shingle the roofers left in the gutter.  Doing it more than once a year helps.   I used duct tape to connect the pvc piping to the shop vac hose. Kinda like...
 I've seen those too. I've researched all those things. Trouble is they're more work than just using a ladder, which you still have to climb to put it in the gutter, than doing it yourself. Now I did make a connector to hook up to my shop vac to "suck" the debri out with and it does work okay, but the stuff I had in there was growing so it wouldn't have been much help.   Our house is a single floor and the gutters not high up.  You do have to use it more often to keep...
 Well it rained so I've stopped for now, but do have coops to clean.  Anyhow got the painting of the trim done on the front of the house. I had to scrape, prime it, replace rotted wood and then paint it. I also caulked first too. I know the paints say one coat but I've yet to find any paint that covers in one coat. When you buy a house most likely the previous owner will have done a crap job and covered the flaws with paint.   We've been watching alot of HGTV and the...
This can happen when they realize the "order" has been changed.   I've been moving Shorty and Cottonball to a half hoop with three younger chicks.  Shorty gets attacked each morning by Godzilla  and poor Cottnball is so picked on, I'm tempted to just give her away.   I don't know why she gets picked on.  She's nearly bald.   In other news.  I had a EE hen sitting on one lone egg for what seemed like forever. Last evening I found it had a still born chick in it.  Can't say...
Looks  like I'm first up.     Have a good day and lets hope we all get a lot done today. 
Evening all.  Hope all is good. Another busy day.