Posts by chicknmania

Cockerel, pretty sure.  Never know til they crow, though. 
It might help to keep predators away.  We have motion sensor lights on all doors of our barn, no idea how much it helps really, but it seems to. You might also think about one of those motion sensor sprinklers.....they are solar powered and come with a reservoir to hold the water, so you don't need a hose or electricity.  I think they might have a light too, I can't remember, but we are thinking of looking into it, for wherever we might have a need.  They are good for...
I decided to keep him on the Baytril, he is not improving as fast as I would like to see, though he is improving. I think It would be better to stay with what he's on, then go to something else that may not be as effective.  He is much more active, but still sounds bad when he vocalizes. And we are headed for another day or so of cold wet weather this week, with possible snow, after two days of glorious warm weather.  With all this roller coaster weather I just don't feel...
HE CAME BACK THIS MORNING!  Was in the breezeway soaking wet (it had been raining) and exhausted.  He came in, ate breakfast, and crashed, has been sleeping all day.  I think he must have been caught somewhere...either up a tree, or in a livetrap, or somewhere.  Wish I knew where, but that will never happen.....anyway, thanks everyone!  WE are sure relieved.  
Thanks guys for the tips about the pillowcase and meds.  I'll keep those for reference.
Oh, ok.  Inject Tylan into a blueberry?  He doesn't seem to like blueberries, he does like fruit....I've been giving him the crushed Baytril mixed with canned catfood and spread on bread.  He likes it, and snapped it all up yesterday.  Doing better.  I'll look for the Tylan. 
Thank you I hope you are right, it certainly makes sense.  He's been going out every night all those years,  know he's had to have seen coyotes before and should be savvy about them...it's just he's such a homebody normally.  We wlll keep looking we have looked everywhere inside and out though...haven't asked the neighbors yet. the coyotes use our driveway as a road a lot of times... from our woods to the fields across the road...we see their tracks frequently in snow or...
Our cat Inky has disappeared.  Just in the past twenty four hours, but he has never been gone that long.  He goes out every night, has for the past eight years, and he's back every morning for breakfast or by lunchtime anyway.  He is my constant companion during the day and I miss him terribly.  He went out last night and never came home.  I am feeling terribly guilty, because a couple of days ago I put "natural" flea repellant on him. It has clove oil, eucalyptus oil, and...
Oh, well.  I just like it for the big birds, since it's easy to hide in a treat.  Others, it doesn't really matter.  Hopefully, we will be done with it soon for a while!
No,he's definitely got a respiratory infection, he sounds awful when he vocalizes, like he has terrible bronchitis.  He seems to be improving though, sun was out today and he rested in it, then he came up to the house again this evening and I gave him some more treats with medicine, and he was hungry and ate them all..  He also ate breakfast this morning, his regular food. Not a whole lot, but he did eat. We have an avian vet that would be delighted to see him, but it's...