Posts by chicknmania

What do her eyes look like?  Are they swollen, cloudy, is there any discharge?  If they are bright, moist, and clear looking, she's probably not blind, but it could be a neurological issue or some other illness..  You are being correct in making sure the chick eats.  I would go back to where you got the chick from and see if there are others that have been sick, and see if you can get any information that way about what might be wrong. Chickens go through a lot of stress...
And they don't necessarily build a resistance to cocci, it  really depends on the bird.  WE've had older birds get it, and others in the flock did not.
Welcome to BYC.     That is a good start, what you are doing, but she is already seriously ill if she is not eating.  You must get her to eat.  It is possible to tube feed her with a piece of aquarium hose, and a bulb or syringe. you  pry her beak open and carefully thread the hose down her throat (the big hole) til it stops, or measure about how far down you need to thread it to get to her crop.  You can fill her crop through the tube, make a mix of something like...
Talk radio works the best.  We turn ours off and on at different times throughout the day and don't turn it on every day.  
Shes in a false brood if there's no eggs.  You can break her of her broody spell the same way already mentioned in this thread for a broody hen. Just take her off the nest, and put her in a pen with good food and water for about three days.  That should break the broody spell and she wil begin laying shortly after that. It doesn't work if you just take her off the nest, because she'll just go back to it or find another place to make one. You have to put her in a controlled...
Cockerel, pretty sure.  Never know til they crow, though. 
It might help to keep predators away.  We have motion sensor lights on all doors of our barn, no idea how much it helps really, but it seems to. You might also think about one of those motion sensor sprinklers.....they are solar powered and come with a reservoir to hold the water, so you don't need a hose or electricity.  I think they might have a light too, I can't remember, but we are thinking of looking into it, for wherever we might have a need.  They are good for...
I decided to keep him on the Baytril, he is not improving as fast as I would like to see, though he is improving. I think It would be better to stay with what he's on, then go to something else that may not be as effective.  He is much more active, but still sounds bad when he vocalizes. And we are headed for another day or so of cold wet weather this week, with possible snow, after two days of glorious warm weather.  With all this roller coaster weather I just don't feel...
HE CAME BACK THIS MORNING!  Was in the breezeway soaking wet (it had been raining) and exhausted.  He came in, ate breakfast, and crashed, has been sleeping all day.  I think he must have been caught somewhere...either up a tree, or in a livetrap, or somewhere.  Wish I knew where, but that will never happen.....anyway, thanks everyone!  WE are sure relieved.  
Thanks guys for the tips about the pillowcase and meds.  I'll keep those for reference.