Posts by chicknmania

We have a few broodies that do hide their nests, and we have some nest boxes that are difficult for the peahens to stick their heads in.  those are the ones that hatch.  Our chicks and their mothers are never allowed to mingle with the flock until they are five to six weeks old.  Before then, they are in a pen with their mother or on nice days they go out in the chicken tractor during the day.  It protects them and gives the mother a break from stress, and being harassed...
Your new birds might have had them, but not necessarily.  
Well, I think pumpkin seeds help, but they're not a cure all.  The worm eggs are just in the ground, and everywhere.  It's not a big deal, you just deworm them twice a year, then you can forget about it the rest of the time.  If you don't though, worms can kill your birds, over time, as I found out the hard way. I don't know of any natural remedy that works completely, I wish there was one. 
Snap has developed a very bad habit.  When she finds a setting hen (chicken hen) and she can easily access her, she will take every opportunity to sit and stare at the hen, terrorizing her til she flies off the nest.  Then she eats the developing eggs.   Just recently she did this to my sweet old Silkie hen Izzy Lou, and ate all of her six eggs.  She seems to do this most to hens that look "funny"..different from the others...the Silkie, and she always terrrorizes our...
WEll, it certainly could be.  but you should be deworming them anyway periodically.  Just go and get some broad spectrum dewormer and start them on it.  You won't be able to eat the eggs for awhile, but you said they're not laying much anyway.  Don't know what you have access to where you are, but Rooster Booster dewormer is usually available in feed stores here and there's plenty of stuff on line.  Safeguard is another good one. Just make sure you get a broad spectrum...
I've developed an anti bitter formula of two tbsp of karo syrup or honey, and one tbsp of low sugar orange juice to  a gallon of Denagard medicine water.  They drank that right up, no problem  Seems to almost totally neutralize the bitter taste.  Just fyi. 
Well, that's one way.  I've given medicine to our free range peafowl by soaking bread pieces in it, but that was just one bird. Maybe you could pour some Denagard water in the puddles...
How much sweetener does everyone add?  In the past I was adding 1 TBSP of honey per gallon of water, and they were drinking, but today I started them off on another preventative dose, and I saw two different hens come up, drink, then back away and shake their heads as if to say YUCK!  WHAT'D YOU PUT IN HERE????   So would 2 TBSP of honey or Karo be enough?  I don't want to dump a whole lot of sugar in there.  Or I've read about others using orange juice?  Just curious what...
She's probably fine,  especially if you are already using medicated chick starter I wouldn't think you'd need anything else.  Just watch her for a bit.  But if she's acting normal, I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I were you.