Posts by sonew123

Bucka!!! I was going to pm you and ask when I saw you on this thread!! So glad you still have the girls:) we still have your monkey and get so many compliments on it:) Off the top of my head...cant remember who I got them from but it was at Tabs NY chickenstock in May...Ill have to look it up..Tabs and Travis have some as well they raise
Marking a spot;) I have a roo and 5 pullets at 8 weeks old...
Very true but...I dont want to strictly feed meat birds pelleted food when Id preferr them finish out in a grass filled penned area bugged filled...with house leftovers and with goats milk and scratch besides pellets;) it gets -40 below here ALOT!!! All extras get butchered in September
My friend has tried to hatch over 200 calls this year and only got 15? To hatch!!! Had assist everyone out of its shells as well?? Her bator was top notch too
I might get a few more bresse roosters than expected from the hatch...those will be butchered at 8 weeks old when I have the equipment here and two others butchering their birds with me..50+ that day! 8 weeks old will be small BUT better than housing them all Fall and Winter..not worth it for a few roos crowing up a storm..
Unfortunately that wont be happening with the bresse until next year...BUT i will be feeding my grow out marans roosters in that manor this year...i will let you know...this year i only have 3 bresse hens...1 bresse pullet and 6 bresse eggs due to hatch Tuesday...praying for 2-3 roosters for breeders and testers...
Thats what I am feeding my bresse when its finishing time, goats milk. I have an endless supply from a friend...Ill have to pay for it but not much...
Good grief were in almost identical boats...Im cutting down alot this year...Im getting busier and busier and not a lot of time left to concentrate on breeding or anything...Im ok with it all too:) i have the CCLs breeding and love them..the golden copper marans..which then gives me olive eggers as well:) .and a ton of straglers!! Still have the same 6 ding bat ducks Ive had for 5 years... kathy had sent me tons of her Nhs but my bator killed them all;( I dont do much...
Gorgeous as ever!! Hi hi hi!!! They came up last year and ill pop down there shortly to look again!! I have not gotten a chance to weed that bed out yet;( how have you been!!???
What a bummer...that Chuckie duck is allllll over his girls..it could have been the heat and the eggs sitting in the sun?? Im sorry...for both of us!!