Posts by rebrascora

Well done for getting her cleaned up a bit.   The pecking at her feet may be to do with the egg putting pressure on the sciatic nerves, similar to how we can get pain in the back of the knee and heel from a trapped nerve in our back. It's worth checking the soles of her feet to make sure she hasn't got bumble foot though, which is a swelling of the foot pad usually topped off with a small black scab, caused by an infection.    That abdomen looks quite swollen to me....
Hi   I would bring her indoors, give her a good soak in a warm Epsom salt bath(20 mins) and get her vent cleaned up, so that you can have a good look and possible a gentle internal examination with a gloved finger. If you place a dark cover over the trug or large bucket you bath her in it will help to keep her calm but make sure not to leave her unsupervised, so that she doesn't drown. Obviously ensure there is sufficient air flow so that she doesn't suffocate. Use a...
Hi again   As CTKen explained, the treats like rice etc can cause a problem depending on how much "a tray" is and between how many birds. The three birds that are having problems are all larger less active breeds, so those carbohydrate calories can cause thick fat deposits to form around their organs, which can result in organ failure and reproductive problems. Ascites (water belly) is a build up of fluid in the abdominal cavity. It is not unusual for there to be more...
What do you feed them?   It looks like they may have abdominal swelling which can be ascites (water belly) or internal laying or perhaps a tumour. The fact that more than one has the same swelling suggests to me it is diet related. How much scratch do you feed them?
I agree with the others but if it's any consolation you are unlikely to get a decent dark (chocolate) egg from a hatchery cuckoo Marans pullet anyway. You really need a Black Copper Marans to get a half decent dark egg from a hatchery. If this had been a pullet, I think you would still have been disappointed if you were set on chocolate coloured eggs.
In the USA I understood that Araucana are rumpless, but those chicks in the OP's photo clearly have tails, so I would go with EEs. 
I believe you will find Corid in the cattle section.....so don't assume they don't have any if you can't find it in the poultry section.
If you think about it logically, the hen has been able to keep the eggs warm enough to incubate and hatch them, therefore she is just as able to keep the chicks warm now that they have hatched. Making sure they are in a secure coop where rats and other predators cannot get to them and where the chicks cannot get separated from the hen is all that is required. Pheasants raise young in the wild all the time without the aid of a heat lamp.  
I had one with Marek's that took nearly 3 months to walk again. There were a couple of times when I set a date to euthanize her if she was no better, but she continued to look bright and eat enthusiastically, particularly treats like scrambled egg and I just couldn't do it. The big improvement came when spring arrived and I was able to put her outside in the sunshine on the grass in a cage and let the other chickens forage around her. Scattering scratch in and around the...
@Jen-Brd   Hi   Is she in a pen on her own or in with other hens. If the latter, my guess would be that she is either being pushed out of the nest by other more dominant hens who want to lay in it or they are getting into her nest to lay whilst she is having a broody break and when she comes back she can't get into her own nest so she clambers into another one, perhaps even to wait, but then goes into her broody trance and is unaware that the eggs aren't under her....