Posts by k625

I have started him on heavy vitamins/minerals.  Since he is not a meat bird/ or borad breasted I did not think I would have issues with this.  He had a similiar probelm a few weeks old, but did the minerals/vitamin treatment and all seemed to be fine.  Hopefully this work work and he will be ok.
I have a 1 year old Royal Palm Tom, who is all of a sudden have issues stading up.  He spends most of the day laying down, where as he used to be up and moving around constantly.  Seems as though it is painful for him to stand. Does not seem to have any abcesses or any swelling. No other wounds or injuries. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you,Katie
I have a 1 year old Royal Palm Tom, who is all of a sudden have issues stading up.  He spends most of the day laying down, where as he used to be up and moving around constantly.  Seems as though it is painful for him to stand. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you,Katie
Thanks guys, I will let you know later on today when I get home the outcome of all of this.Yes, it is Dr. Butcher...what a horrible name I thought lol but he seems super nice!  Cant wait to meet him   
Well..I tried a few times to get some answers on here as to why my 4-5 week old turkey is losing the ability to walk, got very few answers, and thank you so much to all of you who respnded, it was really appreciated.  No one really seems to know/understand or be able to tell me why my royal palm turkey has weekend legs, and is getting progessively worse.  I have started it on hard boiled eggs, and the poly childrens vitamins so we will see how that goes as well.  Luckily I...
Thank you so much, this turkey is a royal palm so it should not have any weight issues I would imagine.  Seems to be more of a weak issue rather than a winging out of the legs in any way.  I will ahve to see if I can video it or something lol and get it on here.
Turkey people..I know your out there lol...
I have posted here and there, but not a direct post about this yet, bc I still havent found any answers really.  Got my turkey(s) around the April 28th or so, dont have my date book with me right now, so not sure exactly but just about 3 weeks old  or so. Was kind of sick to begin with, but treated it and the other turkey and they seem to be over that.  BUT, the one turkey is not stable on its legs.  Has issues balancing, walking, stumbles, and then just gives out and lays...
Have taken both of them out in the grass the last 2 evenings, he looks around eats, but takes breaks to sit down and rest, and seems wobbly on the legs, like there may be something wrong with the legs...weak, unstable, its really hard to describe.  Otherwise doing so well, lol its so contradicting
forgot...poo seems to be good, has firmed up nicely lol