Posts by Suzie

Ask your Vet for oxytetracycline.... it will deal with coryza... you may not need an appointment...just ask the receptionist at your local Veterinary Surgery if you can obtain some without having to take a chicken to the surgery....it usually comes in a powder form that you can put into their drinking water....be aware that you will need to change the water every day.   I am English and we can buy it here in France without a prescription but we do have to ask for it...
Thanks for the update...you have a good Vet!   Hopefully all of your flock will get well very soon...keep us updated on their progress.   Good luck!
Oxfendazole comes in a liquid form...I use a syringe with enough to treat each bird.... easy to use when you pull on their wattles ( to open the mouth ) just squirt enough onto their tongue and release immediately...they will swallow the de wormer...it is advisable to treat 14 days after the initial dose and discard all of the eggs...do not feed back to the chickens or you will extend the withdrawal period...you can feed the discarded eggs to cats or dogs if you wish......
And here you have the wonderful advice of two award winning people who are here to encourage and advise best practice for the heartrending, dedicated and difficult work you are doing....never give up....while there is life...there is hope....   The spirit of you all is so refreshing.... people like you make the almost impossible...possible!  
Redipose is the name for the oxfendazole in Ireland... 
I use a "goat wormer" for mine...I have many chickens and it was cheaper to buy goat wormer from my Veterinary practice...I use oxfendazole which rids them of all worms...I dose them in their coop with a needleless syringe...a pea sized amount for standard sized chickens and half of that amount for any bantam sized chickens....
Try flubenvet..this should be avalable in Ireland...and will treat gapeworm.   Good Luck!   Happy New Year to you and your flock!
Waiter...I say Waiter..! I am falling asleep here...bring my glass of champagne pronto...I I wish to raise a glass to my fellow friends for the New Year.... 
OK so someone said there were lots of clown shoes here...these do not look like the real thing...leaves something to the imagination! Could I get away with a pair of leaf shoes ? If only I could find two identical ones.....searching...searching.... 
X 2 Miss Lydia..well said!   My muscovy ducks are friendly and are never aggressive...the females will also lay eggs in the chicken coop in the nesting boxes.   Treat them with respect and you have wonderful, friendly and loving ducks !   Edited by staff