Posts by Phage

Makes GFF price of 2K a pair seem a veritable bargain!I was wondering if there are other breeders who are planning on selling improved eggs and birds next year (or even this year), and what they are planning to get for their birds/eggs.
As things are slow just now having a BIN advertised on both threads is ok :-)
a bit off topic but...   Could anyone use a HUGE number of educational VHS videos (for free). They are sesame street, stranger danger, counting etc,  barney, blues clues, telebubbies, etc etc plus disney classics.    Just hoping they could be useful for other children as they were for mine. Would need to pick up from Del mar or La Jolla area. OR I could take them with me to Pasadena tomorrow if someone was interested. 
Could anyone use a HUGE number of educational VHS videos (for free). They are sesame street, stranger danger, counting etc,  barney, blues clues, telebubbies, etc etc plus disney classics.    Just hoping they could be useful for other children as they were for mine. Would need to pick up from Del mar or La Jolla area. OR I could take them with me to Pasadena tomorrow if someone was interested. 
Awesome Tomtommom. This also a great thread on sex linking : http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information/0_50
Oxygenated (arterial) blood is bright red. Deoxygenated (venous) blood is dark red. Inside veins deoxygenated blood can appear to be "purple/ blue". As far as I am aware AC blood is the same as other chicken blood.
My bators are totally empty I will bid $6 on the Breese
Boykin I do not understand this statement.Do you mean feather color or skin color? Either way can't figure out what you mean.As the feather color genes are inherited separately from the skin pigment genes you can have white feathers on a FM bird.But in the case of regular white silkies (not all the the paint though- they can have an autosomal dominant form of white inheritance) the white is recessive so need 2 copies of the gene for the bird to have white feathers. I know...
VERY happy to hear this.Not all are so professional and expect to sell their culls for good $$
So how much is a cull cockerel worth?