Posts by fitzy

Please post items for sale or give away in the appropriate Buy Sell Auction forum.
I have 3 quail cages that I no longer need.  I build these using renegade ridge farms designs and modified them a bit.  Shipping would be cost prohibitive, so I'm looking for someone to come pick them up.  All three should fit easily in the back of a pick up truck.  This is the first thing I've posted on here and I'm guessing the "buy it now" will remove this ad....please call me instead of killing the auction.  I don't have time to hold these for more than a few days and...
X3...i'm really not looking forward to the day i wake up dead!  anyway, the quail venture for me went awry...the processers did a really crappy job packing them and i had to take a loss just so they didn't go to waste!  that left a sour taste in my mouth that still hasn't gone away. i'm thinking i wont raise more until i have the funds to build a state approoved facility at the house, but that's near the bottom of a VERY long list.  if anyone in the area could use some...
just knowing this thread is still alive gives me warm fuzzies...
still 10" deep?????christmas day we decided to drive down the road and help my mother-in-law get her driveway cleaned up before everyone arrived to exchange gifts and i plowed straight into a drift that came over the hood of my truck! I swear that thing had to have been at least 4 feet tall....didn't think it was that big or i woulda hit the brakes instead of the gas...."luckily" we had shovels since we were heading to remove snow anyway....unfortunately, it was so windy...
AND THE DICE LANDED ON SNAKE EYES!!!!!  SEEMS I CRAPPED OUT THIS TIME AROUND......Haven't been posting lately because i haven't had anything nice to say.....I got a call from my buddy who took them to the processer with "these things aren't very big so they're putting 6 to a pack instead of 2"....when he finally got them back home they looked like dog poo.  I was under the impression that they would be vacum packed all nice and pretty, but instead they looked like...
I use an old air compresser tank inside the chicken coop and an old propane tank for the goats.....just be careful when cutting them in half!  You can usually find these free if you check around, and you can bang them against anything handy to get the ice out.  i did purchase some tank heaters today at orscheln's (local farm supply) that are temp regulated to save on costs.
a few monts ago, i took some quail to a reptile expo....people looked extremely confused.  after a coupe hours, i added a sign to my table that said "snake food" and they seemed to get the idea...then they just looked at me like i was running a ring of underage prostitutes!  these people will gladly give their snakes baby mice and frozen rabbits, but a quail is outta the question?!?!  i finally started asking people if they were looking for food for their pets or...
i've built over a dozen cages of various sizes and shapes this summer and they definately get easier and look better if you keep at it!  the most important thing is getting your bends nice and crisp....i use a piece of wood and lay it over the wire i want to bend at and slowly start working it into shape, after the initial bend i go along the bottom with a hammer and gently tap it against the wood "guide" to get a nice 90 degree bend....just make sure your wood hasn't...
Honestly, i haven't kept up with the new healthcare laws, so i might be in trouble here.....However, the one nice thing about my situation is that legally i don't have any employees.  the way we operate is called booth rental and technically speaking, they pay me rather than me paying them.  it keeps them under self employment laws and saves me some headaches....maybe you could change the way you define your business in order to skirt around the new laws....if not, i might...