Posts by gallorojo

I have never had stubs show up ever. I've had countless problems, but stubs isn't one.
        These 2 are my favorites so far from this year.  January hatch. They are full siblings,  1/2 Zook, 1/4 Everett, 1/4 Troyer. The tail is not grown in yet on the cockerel, but, both have fully correct tails at this point, good wing carriage, white skin, fully red lobes, and red eyes. Both have decent heads as well. Both only single  spurred, and male shows some wattle. Pullet is cushion combed. Overall, though, nice birds. These are all I kept from...
I don't personally believe the pictured pullet is a silver wheaten. My opinion is that's its just a wheaten minus the dark factor that makes the standard Cubalayas hens the very dark color. I have had ones nearly identical to her, and, when test mated all were just regular wheaten.
Troyer ended up taking him and his daughter both. I am happy they are in good hands. The cock is half black and half wheaten, with mottling and carrying recessive white. He came out of white parents. I have a few black mottled sons of his that may be pure for black, but they have cushion combs.
nI have decided to sell this cock. He is a Black mottled Cubalaya, hatched spring of 2011. I've used him for breeding the past 2 seasons and have decided to move on with some of his descendants. I am keeping some of his children and grandchildren, and siblings. He weighs 7 pounds, and has multiple spurs. This is probably the largest Cubalaya cock any of you will have the chance to purchase. Everything is great about him except the tail is not perfect, he has more or...
This is what a Malay looks like. Not my bird!! Picture for educational purposes .
The first photo the bird has a pea comb, and white legs and a long shallow head and beak. Malay should have a cushion comb, yellow legs, and a very short broad head with heavy protruding brow ridges. The first bird is hard feathered, which is correct, and does have roughly correct body shape, has the long legs and neck anyway. The other birds all have white legs and long shallow heads and beaks, all incorrect. The others do appear to have some version of cushion comb,...
None of those birds are Malay or even close.
I would agree with Zach, the bird in question is certainly a splash pyle. A blue splash wheaten looks almost identical to a red pyle. The fact is Ideal has blues and no whites, and I have seen many many people get blue splash birds from Ideal that basically look like pyles. A pure white( recessive) white could appear out of that line, but not a dominant white based true red pyle. 4h Mom you are correct that real true red pyles are dominant white plus BB Red. But Splash...
Glad to hear you're helping out, JE. We will all be thinking of you, hopefully you will be back by summers end.