Posts by pgpoultry

My prayers are added to Cynthia's for your safe delivery from my namesake......   Sandie
Very pretty little chickens, Flower.  Pocket cuties.   All mine are big lumps.
CluckyCharms....good luck with the hatch.   I posted a pic of a bald headed Blue Partridge Brahma a couple of weeks and there was speculation it could be rooster damage. Glad to say her bald head has been replaced by a punk hairdo.
Georgia Boy...Lovely pics...lovely chickens.   Flower....I'd like a bit of that dryness right now....super pic.   KKH....my varieties are all their own 'projects' at the moment....eggs found under broody hens over the summer. Deciding who to cross with who next year will be the challenge...I would very much welcome advice.   Keep the pics. coming whether of chickens or of lovely scenery.....
Crikey, interesting stuff.Plenty of blacks and blues for her to choose as consorts, Kev.   It is strange how we always think other folk have more desirable stock. "The grass is always greener'.....no, that's not right our grass is very green due to over-abundance of rain and cool weather. Our mud is also extremely deep, sticky and just plain revolting as a consequence,too.   I think I might need to come to the States with an oversize suitcase of cream legbars.....
Kev, the girl in the pic is an odd colour.....greyish brown feathers mainly with a darker grey bit near the neck(where she has feathers) and tail.   I have quite a few strange coloured birds....and wonder if you know the genetics of the odd colour of the girls on the  far right and far left of of this pic?   I have a lot of black and 'blue' birds now originating from La Fleche and Blue Partridge Brahma.....but these two are a much darker grey with an even darker...
Thank you, as always, Kev, for your words of wisdom. The feathers on the little green eyed girl are bluish with a rusty edge, skin yellow....parentage entirely unknown.   KKH....I think I have the male counterpart of your girls......called Arian....he was a silver chick.....4 toes on one foot, 5 on the other, grey legs, quite small, very vocal.       Referring back to the split comb that Kev was talking about, here are La Fleche (on the right) cockerel...
Thank you for the kind comments about Mrs Grey....and confirmation that my daughter is an 'average' 5' 5" tall....tee hee!   She has the sweetest disposition, but is VERY greedy. She took about 2 years to reach her full size, and has continued to put on weight. She hasn't laid eggs for a while, and I think this could well be that she is too fat.....
There have been some lovely pics. of Brahmas....I don't think any of mine come up to those standards.   However, for sheer size, my Mrs Grey probably takes the prize.....she's a whopper.   Here she is with my adult daughter....a very big and heavy arms full.     Oh...need I say...Large Fowl.
We have had a little sun today, and my latest bunch (eggs deserted by a Blue/Buff Brahma) are aged about 7 weeks.   Here are the NNs. All with vivid green eyes.     Apologies for one pic having duplicated itself.