Posts by mlkeen

Hi there hes almost a year old and hes a rhode island red and my soon to be year old brahma started doing it too..
Thank you for all the information..I will go in the coop tonight in charge
Im a newer chicken mom and my rooster just started flogging me and i have no idea why..i feed his little butt everyday and you would think im trying to kill him..are there any tricks in stopping this behavior??
Just came down from the barn and she did it again,there was a wet spot in her nesting box
Exactly..lol
Art the info you have given me is so helpful thank you! I'm definitely going to look into their feed!
Thank you and I wont..I was really just stunned and couldn't believe what was going on in front of me..she was like a completely different bird..and I literally blinked and it was over
She had a wet spot one other time but I couldn't find the egg and it was right after she layed the reallllllly big egg like yesterday..and I did clean out her nesting box..they get scratch grains as well as crumbles..plus as treats we give the mealworms,blacksunflower seeds,etc..
I'm also new to this forum and so if I mess up replying please forgive me as I try to figure it out lol