Posts by countrychix

My hatches this spring consisted of mostly cockerels and as I can only keep one or two I must re-home the rest.  I would ideally like to find homes where they will have their own ladies to watch over and not go in the pot.  I am located in Frewsburg, NY so please check distance before replying as I do not ship.  These are gorgeous birds with show potential coming from some of the top lines in the country.  I currently have no picture of the guys so I posted pictures of...
Of the chicks that we hatched out this year 80% of them eneded up being cockerels and most need to find new homes.  The parents to these birds are from Renies Peeps, Korfus Kluckers and Kim Goodman.  Both blacks and blues are available.  They are currently between 10 and 13 weeks old, depending on the hatch.  Pictures available upon request.  Pick-up only or may meet within reason for gas.  Pictures are of 2 of the mother hens from this group.
I have 3 ganders left who are all 2 years old that I need to re-home to pet homes only.  I have 1 toulouse, 1 embden and  1 sebastopol mix.  They are all nice boys, I just have way too many.  I would prefer that they go  together but am willing to split up.  If taking only one you must have at least 1 goose already as they need a companion.  I am in SWNY.
Thanks Gingerly1983 for the response.  The parent stock is getting a good quality layer pellet, with scrambled eggs as an occasional treat.  The incubator is holding temperature well (2 thermometers) with no spikes to my knowledge. I check quite often.  There are goose eggs in the early stages of development in there too and those are doing great.  I do not mist my goose eggs until they go in the hatcher so no problems with that and the humidity has held constant as...
I am finally getting a majority of fertile eggs from my pullets but now every fertile that I have set is dying early.  I just checked the last set and all the fertiles looked scrambled with minimal veining upon candling and when I cracked some of the eggs open the embryos appeared to be at about 5-6 days development and the yolks were running.  They were on day number 7 in the incubator.  Any ideas of what is going on?  I previously hatched 2 of 5 fertiles, the only 2...
We are looking for a few blue orpingtons.  We prefer the english type but are open to any quality birds.  We would prefer started and sexed birds but would take chicks, in which case we would need more than just a few.  My daughter will be using them for her 4H project so they already need to be hatched.  Please PM me with what you have, pictures of parent stock, location, whether you are willing to ship and price.  Thank you and God bless.
Sent you a PM.  Can you send or post pictures?
Sent you a PM
The gosling is still having a lot of difficulty walking, or should I say running.  He really doesn't walk at all, only tries to run and when he does, he runs on his toes never really putting his heels down.  As such he is very unsteady.  Another thing that I have noticed is that he never moves his wings, not for balance, not for anything.  His head bobbling is barely noticeable anymore but his spraddle legs return after a couple of days out of the hobbles, probably...
He's doing about the same.  His walking actually seems worse indoors today but once I took him outside and put him on very short grass he did much better, not great but good enough to think that he may be able to live independently someday.  My daughter also happened to notice a tuft just above his tail which kind if looks like a tip of a second tail, if that makes sense.  Don't know what this could be or mean.  He really enjoyed swimming in the tub this evening, first...