Posts by cmfarm

Small stretches like that without power shouldn't do much harm to them. Some broody hens will leave the nest for a few hours everyday and their eggs hatch out just fine. Do you know what is cause the outages?  The power to my incubator went out yesterday I think during the night. I am trying find some other way to incubate them. I checked a few of them and they are still alive so I have hope that most will make it.
I used to hatch eggs every week in one incubator. There never seemed to much of an issue with it. I just put the eggs that where hatching on the side; or if there where a lot took the turner out and hand turned the others.
No, I mean the other eggs that are incubating.
Haven't been on in a while, been really busy. My guineas hatched and I have 39. Today the power went out to the building where my incubators are at. I'm not sure how long it has been out. It has rained a lot the last few days so think that has something to do with it. Not sure what I am going to do. Right now I have them in my truck because it is the warmest place right now. It seems to be about 92 in there so I hope they do well. Not sure what I will do tonight when it...
If they are oozing that means they are rotten, throw them out before they explode.
Very cute! Today my Guineas started hatching. I think there are about 10 hatched so far. There are 44 eggs in all.
They may be a mix of different game breeds.
I'm sure they will do just fine.
Very cute!
So I candled the white eggs from the batch of 98 mixed eggs I got. It is a little early but I couldn't wait (of course if I don't see anything in any I won't toss them yet). Almost all of them looked fertile. I'm sure some of them that I couldn't see anything into are also fertile, just too early to see. Can't wait until next Tuesday to look at the rest of them.