Posts by tmoore8595

You will need to keep the humidity high at this point or the chicks will dry out and stick to the shell. They dry out quickly once they pip. 85% to 90% is a good number to shoot for. You can do this by putting a large shallow pan of warm water ( 99 to 100 deg.) in the incubator. You can increase the evaporation by putting sponges in the water. You will also need to keep the incubator closed to retain the moisture. Be patient, it can take 24 hours or longer for the chicks...
Two free chickens in Bessemer.   http://bham.craigslist.org/zip/3977751064.html
 how long on average does it take a nuk to fill one empty frame. Edited by Evelle - Today at 2:49 am     Very hard question to answer. It depends on a lot of things like; the number of bees in the nuc,, time of year, nectar flow, breed of the bees, health of the bees, if the frame is empty or has foundation in it, and the list goes on. Typically, an average size,(established) nuc. in good health and with a good nectar flow could fill one frame with foundation in...
Okay thanks for the info., I will try that. I have already opened up the brood nest and that has helped. If a queen is superceded where does she go? Does she leave with a swarm? All of my swarms have done really well. If a poor queen leaves with a swarm would she not continue to be a poor performer?
Does anyone need a 2 1/2 year old RIR rooster?  I have one I will give you if you do. He is very gentle and calm.
Yes, I see this around some of my hives almost every day. I have been told it is new bees learning the territory. I will not get much honey this year because my bees have been swarming and I didn't know what to do about it. From the 13 hives I started with this spring I have had 28 swarms that I know of, probably many more that I didn't see. I was able to catch most of the ones that I saw and my hive count is up to 35 now. I have opened the brood nest and this has helped...
    Three young turkeys for sale on craigslist, B'ham. under Farm and Garden.
No, they all lay blue and blue/green eggs. I also have a few EE's for sale. I need to make room for the new ones I hatched this spring.
I have about 15 RIR laying hens for sale.
Sending you a PM about the pekins.