Posts by perchie.girl

Whew just got back from my little drive through coffee shop.... Got to drive the sixty miles up to the house to take The harness bags up.  I am taking Collars and Hames too.  They need to be in a better environment than the garage here.   Its going to be a long process to moving my gear back up there.  After that comes the stuff I have accumulated here while living for the past seven years.  It will make Grandma happy for sure.  Shes a neatfreak I am not so much.   deb
A friend of mine spent some time travelling Europe...  High school graduation present was a round trip ticket to England and two thousand dollars she was told not to come back till the money was gone.  This was in the late sixties.  She went with a girlfriend who had the same deal with her parents.  They were gone two years.  Taking the train staying in Youth Hostels and working their way up to Italy.  Then eventually Isreal where they worked on a Kibbutz.   The deal was...
Wow I just calculated it out and I paid 5500 an acre for my eighteen acres...  I bought just the land but there happened to be Electric, a Well, Sceptic, and a House...  Only the electric and well are listed.  Back in the eightees people could get away with putting in power to supply a well for minimal outlay.  So the house appeared by the time 1984 rolled around.  I couldnt sell the place as anything but raw land. Edited to add:  This land has no Agricultural value except...
I Whole heartedly agree....  Zillow.com  You wont regret it.  Another is Landwatch.com  Its similar to Zillow you paruse till you narrow down then the Realter is listed at the bottom for each. Then what I do Is open up that Realtors site and paruse what he/she has listed for their area...  Amazing results.. I am looking in Arizona, Nevada, and Possibly New Mexico... deb
Yummy...  Take those same shrimp set them aside and make the Avocado prep for the coctail....  YOu wont regret trying it.  debI looked at them before and they were pretty pricy...  close to two hundred dollars but then I didint really know what they did.  Now I know the name I found one online that was under fifty bucks. AVR on Amazon prime This one has four outlets on the back...  I plan to buy a full on freezer and a full on refrigerator.  They are called Side Kicks. ...
Excellent advice.  I need one up at my house because I am at the end of the power grid.  My power fluctuates.  Actually I need one for the refrigerator and freezer as well.  Before I replace the ones that got killed by brown out conditions. The kind for brownouts is different but similar... deb
If you like Avocado and shrimp together try a Mexican Shrimp Cocktail....  The recipe below has quite a bit of heat in it you can adjust that to your pallet but it needs a little heat to bring out the flavors...  Tobasco or Cirracha are both excellent with it and you can moderate the heat per serving if necessary. OH MY GAWD.   Lightly sauted shrimp with Salt and pepper and garlic powder and a little bit of red pepper..  or a teeny bit of Chili powder.  When they are just...
Static electricity could be a culpret as well.  Here in San Diego we have a few static days not as much as in the desert though.  And we Rarely have thunder and lightening days.  Grounding yourself and your computer desk or work areas is easy to do.  When I worked at Qualcomm we had grounding pads that sat on top of the desk and the computers sat on top of the pads.  All you needed to do is touch the pad before you touched anything electronic. deb
IF you ever try one again...  Salt pepper and Garlic if you have some...  Even if its just a little spoon full.  A squeeze of lemon is also very good to add.
I couldn't eat balut  but I wouldnt mind trying those century eggs that are preserved and come out black.  I would also like to try salt preserved eggs. If I like the salt preserved eggs I might give the process a try. deb