Posts by perchie.girl

welcome aboard...  Lots of innovation going on around here.... vbg  deb
yep thats the ligament they used from the front of the same leg.  They sent me home with one of those machines that bends your leg up and down all night long.  It hurt but felt good all at the same time.   A Good friend of mine married a Rodeo Cowboy...  Rough stock rider specifically Saddle broncs.  He also was a house painter in the off season...  One day he was coming down from a ladder and his knee gave out.  It was always doing that on him and he had compensated for...
Thank you for the kind complement. I do have a book in mind about being from the city learning how to live out in the middle of no where.  So far out my son refused to move with me.  He was just starting high school and opted to live with his Great Grandma.  Stories about goat mischief and water management and who not to hire to do grading...  LOL. The book I am working on though Is straight science fiction. the other books I want to do are short story collections... ...
   Same thing for me I snapped the ACL ligament in my left knee falling off the mounting block steps as I was getting on my horse.  I was about 320 at the time and when they talked about repair surgery I was skeptical.  I talked to the Ortho surgeon and he said Naw I have patched up football players bigger n you and they were out playing football in three months. The deal is when you have a knee replacement the Pain goes away from the inside....  You still have to heal...
That happened with a cat of mine....  only it was in the corner of her eye.  All I could see were three spikes The vet went in with teeny little forceps.  Right while we held the cat.  Thankfully they got all of it.  And the cat seemed to resign herself to the procedure. deb
Oh we call that Filaree....  or Cranes bill.  Its very nutritious....  Chickens love it and so do horses goats and sheep.   Here we have fields and fields of it but I have never had a dog that had problems with it.  Though our growing season for it is short.  Once it sprouts the rabbits and field mice mow it down.  when the green is gone you can drag a board and all the corkscrews will mound up...  BTW the whole plant is edible by people too.  Tastes somewhat like...
Bwhaahahahaha....  You  are a poet...There are a few dwarf varieties that grow well in pots some of those are cold hearty down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit.   Lemon comes to mind as your best choice...  But they have to be brought in for your temps and grown indoors with a good amount of full spectrum light.   When I moved in that mobile home the Tangerine tree hadnt been harvested in a good two years.  I stripped it out and came away with about two bushels full.  Nice part...
Oh and by the way I finally unplugged the freezer and my power bill went down ten bucks to twelve dollars this month.   I am Only running the well to supply water for the horse.... and a Flourescent light in the kitchen...  Jut to let people know the place isnt abandoned.   deb
Sounds awesome...  Its cooler here today only in the eighties...  WE had rain this week...  enough to actually get the ground wet... Woo Hoo.  Its long gone and dried now.  Hope we get more.... Our hills didnt green up this year.  Still Dry Wheat colored where the wild oats grew...  The Chaparal is either black or very dark brown...  It usually greens up some when it gets water.. deb
 Fox Tail is a seed that is made by certain grasses....  They have a spear like point and hairs or barbs that wont let it back out.  Designed to distribute the seeds in the coats of animals.  Unfortunately those seeds or Fox Tails (what they are called in California) can get into eyes ears and little folds where the dog cant get them out...  when these dry and come off into the coats of animals they look like this They also can cause problems for horses getting caught...