Posts by perchie.girl

Would that be Ketamine?  part of the date rape concoction....  its a paralytic in the right doses....
Oh sheesh I thought the horse's name was critter....  Hey you can give em bute....  Very bad for people but its used... Its like asparine one much more macho.... Banamine is great stuff.  I found out that it will help with a feaver too.  My girl was flat out when the barn called me....  She had a temp of 104 and was making little Big horse moaning sounds....  Laying down does that with horses  they arent equipped to lay down for long...(for the non horsey peeps)....  the...
not as daunting as you might think....  and thanks... deb
FWIW there are lots of log cabins currently being built complete with mortise and tenon joining.....  You can get them in kits or have them built from scratch on your land...  The last one is pretty expensive.....  But the kits are pretty cool and do able on a DIY basis all the way up to multi million dollar lodges.   Log cabin kit.    Conastoga   Coventry   Link to pix of homes built with Kits   deb
blink blink blink...   did I hear my name????  just woke up its 8 Am here....  Not a morning person atalll  going to go get coffee after I answer this one   Welcome Jessica  from the San Diego High desert.      My coops have been dog kennel panels almost from day one.  There are a couple of ways to do plastic....  though I prefer tarps. with grommets.   First You have to remember chainlink is abrasive and will rip up any plastic you lay over the top.... especially...
@Phage @hosspak   and anyone else interested in Rice hulls.   I just sent an email to Mallard Creek to see if they will tell me the stores the supply in the San Diego area.  If I get any of that info back I will pass it on...    I will also check with Double S feed tomorrow to see what they charge for them.   For what its worth I love them you can run a rake through them and they are just like sand...  they stay close the ground too and dont blow away....  Important...
I know..... I looked it up on the website and it didnt show....  but often times websites arent complete.  Double S didnt carry it either till I and a few others asked for it.  like I say if they carry Mallard Creek products they can get the rice hulls too...  From the same source a special order should not cost any more than if they stocked it on hand. I will find out what they cost at Double S...  deb
hey Oz.... when I move back home I will be on Dial up....  No cell reception at all.    Glad your back...  deb
I dont remember....  a little more than shavings.....  but the last time I bought it was a couple of years ago.  I only buy it in winter and last summer I lost my flock to predators.... One bale per coop lasted me a whole year  each of my coops were 6 x 12 feet.  I could drive by there to morrow....  if you want.  Or there is a contact page on their website.  they are very good at responding and answering phones.  deb
A Holstien produces appx 9 gallons per day...  Jerseys .... 5 to six gallons per day.....  Even the miniature cows make two to three gallons per day All cows goats sheep ... have to be milked twice a day sometimes three times per day....  Even a Nigerian dwarf goat which is a dairy goat that comes to about knee height produces up to a half a gallon per day....  Fresh goats milk is NOTHING like the stuff you get in the store.  Also for goats milk if you dont keep a buck on...