Posts by perchie.girl

Yummmmm  Talk about your food groops.....  You got your Grape food group and your cricket food group and your skewer food group....  roast em over the fire till something pops.... Now I grossed myself out.....
I thought they looked like blue gill....  a little smaller than Tilapia right? deb
Next time you hear a hearty croak....  Hes saying HOPPY....  along with his Thousands of chilluns.... Here in the desert we have tree frogs and Toads....  Every time we get a good rain you can see the toadies out and about looking for a girlfriend.....  they burrow down in the dirt and hibernate.  our rainy season is in the dead of winter too.  The frogs hang around the Vernal springs....  which only dry up for a month or two each year.  And of course there are the...
Not my cousins but the same tools to do scrimshaw are used on those eggs.... Dental drills....  Again not my cousins but she did very intricate work similar to those. Small white potatos that you would normally boil  I nuke them in a plastic container with a loose lid till they smell done..... about ten minutes.  When you pull them out of the Microwave dump them directly into a skillet....  Dont touch they are very hot.  When in the skillet smash em down till they are...
Been happening alot since the economy went in the dumper....  sigh.   I always paid in cash... greenbacks... and never asked for a recipt....  amazing how much they love you when you do that.    I got a little forgiveness if I had to be late... but I always told them when it was going to happen.  I NEVER fell behind...  The boarding facilities I boarded at were all mega malls for horses though.  Were talking more than 150 horses each....  And Yep some people would pay 300...
Just my one truck has six....  I cant imagine having a summer and a winter set..... Or even those chain thingies....  Yep I have driven on snow...  once or twice... deb
They are such goof balls...  The Toms kind of Glide everywhere they go Pondering each step as if it were a lifelong decision....    To top it off the hens lay big beautiful eggs good for eating AND carving delicate sculputres....    my cousin that does scrimshaw did stuff like this too. deb
Oh Yummy.....  I love Ceviche....   deb
We do a big pot of Lima Beans and ham hocks for Christmas...  and Cornbread....   Or a Ham....  I would love to do a duck but the Grandmas would turn up their noses collectively.  Hey Alaskan....  Have you ever had TurDuckIN....? OH Yeahh.... Getting that in the oven is going to be fun.... I am there with ya Ronott Cranberry is an American thing....  So is Turkey.... Oh I love that jellied cranberry sauce....  Whip that into a little vodka... oops I digress.  Thank goodnes...
Unfortunately unless you put them on an "air" diet they will get large enough to break their legs....  I had a neighbor who was given a White Tom because the original owners couldnt bear to dispatch him....  He was sixty pounds before he stopped being able to walk....  The hens might not fair so bad though becuase they are smaller in general... I had two turkeys... Bought at the feed store so no clue as to what type... but they were the wild kind.  Those birds were...