Posts by perchie.girl

Oh and you can eat beats raw....  sliced thin or shredded in salads....
Best one Ever....  Everyone says dont peel before cooking I cant make myself do it...   But I put the peeled beets in a piece of tinfoil with a drizzle of olive oil and seal it up...  each beet gets done this way...  Then they all go in the oven to roast.  Put em on a pan its easier to put em in and pull em out. 400 degrees for about an hour Once cooked let em cool then slice them up and throw them into a plastic container and put in some white vinegar....give em a shake...
havent found a cost effective method yet.... Dont have one show I have severalFirefly   Nathan Fillian is just flippin funny and the rest of the cast was awesome too.Bablyon 5  Loved the whole Genra and not so clean and pristine futureEnterprise the one with Scott Bacula  a series set before the first Startreck series...  Pre Holodeck Pre shields pre warp bizzilianThird Rock from the Sun  just screamingly  funny  John Lithgow, Jane Curtain, French Stewart, Johseph...
You should have seen it when I snapped my ACL falling off the mounting block steps back in 2001.  My mare was just broke to ride and I had ridden her about three times....  I was soo excited I invited a good friend to come over and watch how good she was....   Getting on a 17 hand greenbroke horse was an adventure for sure.  I had to climb the mounting block steps up to a fifty five gallon drum  from there I could place my foot in the stirrup and swing on without pulling...
I am always trying to divide my foot Pinky toe on one side of a chair leg or wall corner and the rest on the other.  I finally broke it because i looked down and it was pointing sideways....  Home alone single mom with a sleeping baby...  I just stuck my foot in the bathroom sink and ran cold water on it...  I split the nail too.    Then dried it off and taped it to my other toe...  Getting it cold helped immensely and doing it right after breaking it helped too because...
  Not a big baker but I AM an eater.... LOL.
chile Rellano Casserole.....  Chiles line the bottom of a casserol  a layer of whipped eggs a layer of shredded cheese a layer of chiles alayer of eggs a layer of cheeze....  Kind of like lasagnia...  Bake in the oven till the top is kind of brown. Look up  oh heck here is the link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/11/lazy-chiles-rellenos/ The only thing different is I used a tea spoon of flour for every four eggs Either way....  is good.  You can also cook it like...
I saw a new face here a while back  but dont have time to say HI....     Hi new guy/gal welcome to The OLD Folks home...     OFf to go get grandma IN And OUT..       Edited by Staff
the kids a couple of doors down here built a trebuchet   Kiknd of like this   They were flinging water baloons a good thousand feet....  and having a blast.  The end of the block is a culdesac... and no houses   It just fit in the back of a pickup.   deb
    I have a bunch of fresh cranberries and a bag of frozen Mango...  I am thinking of cranberry mango Chutney... but have never made Chutney before. deb