Posts by perchie.girl

LOL...  We do what we have to do....   deb
OH my goodness those are gorgeous...  I wanted to put to gether a rainbow dozen  a while back but wound up shelving that idea.... deb
I resemble that....  ahemm...  LOL.       Same car would hold a whole bale of hay when my truck broke down.... deb
  Yep.... VBG...  I was off doin stuff at my house... Woo whoo.   (long story) You can sneak in with tennies if you ride english.... because the whole stirrup comes off if you fall and get your foot caught.  But its best to have a riding shoe or paddock boots.  Those are short and zip up and look like a dress shoe if you wear long pants. The only time I ever caught a foot was riding on a bareback pad that had stirrups....  It was a nano second but I saw my life run through...
I used to take my horse swimming in a sand pit behind the barn....  About a thousand feet away from the trail access was a place where big sand scoopers would dig up the sand to sell and it left a lake of sorts.  The water from the San Diego river was just under the sand about three feet so when you dug a deep hole it would fill up with water.  Wed take the horses out there and the bottom was firm and not slimy....  There was a rock out there wed swim out to and I would...
Woo Hoo...  youd be surprised what you can get into a very small car.   I got two adults and Four Nigerian Dwarf goats into a GEO Metro..... and drove more than a hundred miles to get them home..... deb
If you decide to get him involved with horses The Best way is to partially lease one.  With the trainer's recommendations....  This way he will learn the ethics of hard work and horse ownership under a guarded eye to keep him safe.  The first horse is always out grown.  But it also gives you the ability to shut those incentive strings if you need to or if he decides horses arent for him you dont have to sell a horse. Some stables or boarding barns will allow a person to...
Thanks Its solid hickory....  I couldnt afford one either.  but I found a place on line that sold kits.  I built it.  Saved about 50 percent in purchase price and more than that in shipping costs. deb
Yep...  Even my own horse trained her myself...  Trampled me while I was un hitching her from the Cart in the picture.   She broke two cross tie snaps trampled me pulled that vehicle BETWEEN the cross tie posts over the top of me Jumped two brush piles Cart and all.  The cart came loose jamming one shaft into the ground and that freed her to run off into the desert.  I got a heliocopter ride out of that.  That happend in 2004 or 2005. My helper that day was my neighbor Tom...
For what its worth The advice I give to people who want to get their kids involved with horses is:   Find a good childs trainer They will teach both you and the child about what is safe They will have a child safe horse to learn on. They will have rules that are never to be broken.   Always wear hard toed shoes with a slick sole and a heel.  Cowboy boots or riding shoes can be bought second hand for children.  Sneakers are not allowed. Always wear Hard hat when...