Posts by perchie.girl

The only song of Jimmy Buffet I recognize immediately is Margaritaville...  Not a real fan...  I am a fan of many things but usually genra:  Country, Rock and roll, Rockabilly, Bluegrass, Zidago, Heavy metal, Celtic, Aboriginal,  Native American drum music....  what ever it is I love a strong beat because it makes me want to move my feet.   I used to be a Clogger so spent alot of time dancing to fast country or Bluegrass...  I could even clog to some rock and...
it takes time... she will roost eventually.  Just make sure she cant sleep in the nest boxes. deb
If you have four walls a roof and a floor then humidity is being generated somewhere .....  Heat rises cold roof and condensation begins....    if you insulate the roof make sure the coop is not air tight....  Just like with home construction roofs need ventilation.  Condensation in a home will cause big mold issues... with chickens its not good. BTW Welcome If I havent said it before...  Blink Blink I am just waking up this morning... it was a very long day...
Woo Hoo You guys have a blast......  and Take lots of pictures...  deb
Oh yummmmm. deb
Ooh I like this side of the coop too.   We dont have bears and wolves but seriously your main predators will be the little ones....  Chicken wire is not a deterrent.   Dog kennels are only a deterrent to dogs...  unfortunately....  I have seen a determined dog climb a six foot dog kennel panel....  My dog I had to have him put down because he wasnt rehabilitateable....  But I digress....  Mountain lions and bob cats will go right over....  Mountain lions will jump.......
I used to do Lost wax.....  Loved it...  But the workshop I worked through closed down....  the owner retired....  for a small fee he had all the tools as well as you could purchase raw materials too.  He taught Sliver and lapidary.  the Dremel with the extension is an excellent choice....  But I am afraid the noise would drive me nutso especially if I was using it exclusively for hours and hours at a time....  Those carved eggs can fetch a quite a bit of money....  I...
Heck your smarter than me.... LOL.    and many of us who raise up chicks in the bathroom or in my case the Garage then realize....   I need a COOP....  Actually I had a coop but it was wayyyy tooo small for the amount of Guinea fowl i had screeching in my moms garage....   deb
Welcome to BYC from the San diego High desert. deb
You are right....  But this picture tells me you need more roosts.....  Cute picture by the way....  Chickens naturally seek out the highest spot to roost...  If that high spot is half inch diameter bars for a horse hay rack then they will roost on it.   But they can develop foot sores from it.   For best practices in Chicken keeping its a good idea to have a flat wide spot so they can relax their feet to sleep....  and when it gets cold they will also be able to...