Posts by perchie.girl

could be doable....  The warm temps are really for spawning....  low O2 goes hand in hand with warm water too.   if your temps are constant and dont fluctuate you can keep the water warm with a large watt aquarium heater and an insulation blanket...  or a wall  of dirt built up around the tank.   In my case the ambient temperatures get too hot for the cold water fish.  in Summer here I suspect the water will be a constant 75 degrees so I still will have to add heat.  ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilapia I am afraid they are warm water fish.....  dont do well below 75 degrees....    You can raise em though in a water tote 250 gallons or so and they will get large enough to harvest for dinner.  They are also vegetarians pretty much  and you can raise them with fresh water shrimp.    Cray fish too but Cray fish are pretty aggressive and need to get out of the water occasionally. The nice part about Tilapia is they are mouth brooders. ...
Morning   me need coffee....  I for got to take my BP meds My Diabetes meds and my other ones....  yesterday so I took em all last night before bed time.....  probably not the best thing to do.   needless to say there was a revolving door on the bathroom so I didnt get any sleep.   deb
Thanks for the giggle this morning Ralphie..... I needed it .
LOL......   and your point is?SNORT........
Ok I want Muscovy and Runners....    Muscovy for eggs and meat....  Runners because they are so dang cute......   Beaker 1, Beaker 2, Beaker 3... they are also good egg layers.   Each require minimal water....  face wash place and a bit for cooling off in the summer.  and I can grow duck weed for em in with the Tilapia.   Housing will work in my new layout too.   deb
X2   I love Roos ...   even the sweeties will sacrifice them self to protect his hens.
i want baby ducks.... shh dont tell any one
its going to be awesome when you get it finished.  When I was living at home I made sure to do one construction project per day....  for my cages....  Because really what it is that I have are BIG cages. Tarp roof  Dog kennels that are six by twelve and modular so I can configure them any way I like.    Matter of fact mY next iteration will be a 24 x 24 foot structure made of kennel panels... thats how many of these panels I have. In my existing setup I had two twelve by...
You know me and research Privet tree  from Wikipedia.... lists 50 species   If it grows berries its a Privet  and those berries are poisonous...  except to birds.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privet   The Integrated Taxonomic Information System lists eleven "accepted" species of Ligustrum.[11] Additional species are listed in other references.[12][13][14] Ligustrum amamianum (China) Ligustrum amurense – Amur privet (Northern China) Ligustrum angustum...