Posts by perchie.girl

I cooked ribs last night, St Louis style ribs Never had that cut before.   But they were 99 cents a pound on sale. Two full Racks   Salt Pepper and garlic both sides then wrapped them in Tinfoil and cooked in the oven at 300 degrees for about two hours.   At two hours opened the packets and basted the tops with Barbque sauce and returned to the oven for 30 minutes   Served with cooked spinach with butter and a little vinegar.   While I loved the ribs and all the...
awesome glad to have you back.  deb
@gary bamford   Beautiful stock there   Wow are you a commercial breeder?   deb
I know someone who converted a small travel trailer into a woman cave......  sewing and quiltingdeb
I have no issue with any of it practiced humanely....  I know its a preference for showing...  and i agree with you on the chemical part. I grew up with horror stories about the tails and while I still prefer a natural tail a long talk with someone who like you was a very knowledgeable show person.    Found out that No ligaments or tendons are cut....  Whew. used to be fashionalbe to Nerve the tail on Western pleasure horses...  Snip the nerves and they no longer can swish...
rotational grazing would be nice if I had pasture...    Here everything is a dry lot.  so Feed bio-security is simple.   Though I have heard that grazing horses and cows together helps with the parasite load.   Because some of their parasites are species specific.     Yep I know about the Big Lick TWH....  and Saddlebred practices....  known some who did theirs naturally.  Both Breeds are a hoot...  Very willing to please... people horses.   I am a Dressage person...
My mare has never been shod....  I was told by a trainer in no uncertain terms that ALL draft horses should be shod because they were too heavy for their feet.....      What she didnt see was the ONE inch thick walls on her hooves and the fact that she shed her sole at eight weeks exactly....  Chips and cracks were always cosmetic and were totally gone when she got her trim. Her hoof walls were so hard I had one farrier burst into a string of curses AFTER he bent his new...
Best lobster I ever had was in Las Vegas.  When we lived there mom would get fresh ones and cook em up.   Vegas used to be known for having a very good selection of food simply because of the tourist trade.   as far as shell fish with legs goes my favorite is snow crab then shrimp.   I do a decent shrimp dish...  Quick saute in butter lemon ju9ce garlic and dill.  Served over sour bread croutons.   Oysters on the half shell was ruined for me after having oyster...
yep.   LOL cute picture. deb