Posts by perchie.girl

LOL people say get a goat or get a sheep to keep your yard up....  Um No....  four or five hens do a bang up job of keeping it down to the dirt.....
SOLD Just went to the website.   I truely love the concept of plug and play.   and the fact that the heating element is completely sealed.  if I do it right all the components can be disassembled and stored for future use.   In future I want to brood up a flock of Guinea keets to start...  probably about thirty to forty.    Then Chickens Wellsummers and Sumatras probably ten to fifteen each.   My core stock....egg layers and broodies.  Then later on some meaties  I have a...
rule of thumb 4 square feet of coop space per chicken....so 4 x 8 feet is good for eight chickens...    a coop that is 4 x 3 feet is good for three chickens....   Keep in mind... rules of thumb are generalizations.    Some need less space if they are smaller or more space if they are very active...   If they are locked up most of the day....  they need more... If they only roost there at night possibly less.     The BEST coop is one that works for your situation.  ...
@Akrnaf2   not brave stubborn.  and really dont like living with other people.  I have eighteen acres of desert that is my heart and soul. (7.28 ha) The land is in a place where the earth breathes.  hot and charged from the true desert from the east and hot and full of Iodine coming from the west and the Pacific.....    I have sat in the yard and watched clouds being generated by the rocks in the pictures below....  Like a smoke signal from ancient Native Americans that...
depends on the breed of horse to be kept.  Most box stalls these days are 12 x 12 feet....   Some of the older ones were 10 x 10 feet.  If it were a tie stall It could have been about eight by ten....  Tie stalls mean just that three sides and no door you tied your horse to the manger it was a place to sleep for the night and eat without others stealing the food.  Usually working horses got those.  deb
so then make sage pesto and add it to your portion.... 
lol.... come on down..... in my best prices right voice.....
One step at a time Chicki.....  I think wine would be on the bottom of that check list....  and yep I too am not supposed to have alcohol for various reasons.  deb