Posts by C&Rman

If they did hatch some eggs you would most likely have to hand feed them. If you let the mother do it they would be skittish and you would have a hard time trying to find the babies a new home. Hand feeding baby parrots should not be taken lightly. They are very sensative to tempature and you could easily kill them by giving them too hot of food or too cold. Youtube WONT help you at all in this case. You will have to be shown in person how to hand feed parrots. I myslef...
Thanks, I knew rabbit manure would help the garden more I just didnt know why. I never knew it was considered a cold manure. So I'll be able to grow lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, and onions? Thats wierd that you mentioned it because those were at the top of my grow list   Yes, I am towards Lake Mead. I was considering the heat killing them. We have cotton tails and jack rabbits all over our yard so I didn't think it would affect a rabbit. I know they like colder...
Congrats! I remeber when I got my first birds ever they were zebra finches and they laid a clutch a 8 eggs. It was the most exciting thing to watch and how the babies grew. Good luck!
Hello all! We just recently moved to the Nevada dessert and it is finally cooling off to where I think I am gonna try a garden. I am in the process of building 4x8 raised beds. I am only building two due to the fact we live in the dessert. My plan is to build heavy duty tractor type of cages that can be placed over the beds (I got the idea from GardengirlTV.)   Now to my question what kind of animal should I get to fertilize the beds? I am building one tractor to go...
ladybirdb12 said it perfectly. Parrots are very smart animals and they need time, love, and care. They are great companions! I have two Double Yellow Headed Amazons and my male (Kahuna) is such a sweetheart yet such a smart A. Literally I swear he mocks me and allot of the time he laughs at me. But Jasper who is my female amazon is quite grumpy. She bites me everytime I ask her to step up. In the mornings she is excited to get out of her cage so she is an absoulute...
Bobwhite quail would do really good. Before we moved I had them in a pen and we got over a foot of snow and they would still lay eggs every now and then. They had a shelter that was always dry. I also had 4 pairs of piegons and they were fine in the ice cold temps.... I just gave them lots of straw to snuggled in.
Kahuna loves his bathes :)   Jasper loves the view :)
Oh what a sweetie  My amazon, Kahuna does that too so I will pet him then after wards he will chew on my finger
Oh congrats, he is beautiful. I held one once and it was the nicest bird ever. I dont know what it is about cockatoos but they are all loving.
Hello all. I have a Yellow Birds of Paradise tree outside my house that would be perfect for my parrots it looks like the kind you buy. It has tons of horizontal perched all across it. I want to cut it down and make it a tree stand. My problem is I can't find if Yellow Bird of Paradise tree is safe for birds. Hummingbirds are also flying around the tree and they eat the nectar from the flowers the tree produces. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this tree is safe for...