Posts by 1muttsfan

Nice catch farmerboy, maybe you owe your sister a goat?
Please be sure to use safety equipment - gloves, respirator - when using bleach, especially st that concentration. And rinse your coop well after the disinfection process. Bleach is extremely toxic, especially to Birds. You might consider Accel TB, it is an excellent disinfectant effective against as many organisms as bleach (it will kill the TB bacteria, the gold standard of a disinfectant) and is much less toxic.
Sounds like a great deal! Better to hatch when you are ready than to be rushed or unable to attend the eggs and chicks properly.
Candled last night, only found 5 nonstarters out of the 73 I set - although I expect to loose quite a few more of the shipped eggs as time goes by.  The egg I cracked and waxed is coming along nicely.  And all of the CL eggs, from my flock, are developing 
Spent some time cleaning the yard of dog bombs, which are now melting out of the snow.  Found the first spring flowers, a beautiful clump of purple crocus.  I would have taken a picture of them, but one of the dogs pooped right on top     (you know, I never realized just how complex that little grumble face smiley is!)
The best place to post your question is in the Emergencies and Diseases section of the Forum.  Good luck with your chick.
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan ​   Good for you.  I think a tote will be fine until you can arrange something a little larger.
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan    Yes, very sweet picture
OK, check here -    http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/607340/do-chickens-eat-holly-berries-are-they-poisonous-to-chickens
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan ​   Amazingly many spouses seem to really enjoy the chickens they were reluctant to have (or even actively opposing)   Sorry, not sure about holly.