Posts by 1muttsfan

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan    Unfortunately your birds do not know where they live yet.  Best for new fowl to be kept strictly in the coop for several days, then be allowed out into a pen until they realize where they live and where to lay eggs (you may want to put a lock on the coop door to prevent a reoccurrence).     You may be able, if they are quite tame, to lure them in with feed, but be prepared to watch where they roost, they are relatively...
You do not need to feed the chick anything, or give it water - they continue to reabsorb their yolk sac for several days following hatching.  That is why newly hatched chicks can be shipped in the mail.   You  may want to visit the Learning Center, there is a very good article there called Chicks 101 that may be helpful.
Still scaredy cats - just afraid of the doctors 
Yes, and I see they must pay $189 per year for the registration
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan 
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan    I don't think they are different in color, and can be hard to sex for a long time; you can do genetic testing.  Check in here for more information   http://www.backyardchickens.com/f/49/ostriches-emu-rheas
I'll still say boy.  Hope you can keep track of him so we find out!
That is not a complete list of clinics that offer bird medicine
Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan ​   Good luck finding your breeds
You would only need to keep one hen for a whole family