Posts by mochicken

Yeah they dont have alot of meat on them, even the jumbos are not a feast but if you wanted alot of meat you wouldnt raise quail to eat lol.  If you bought 100 eggs, only 50 of them hatched,  to feed those 50 for 6-8 weeks to maturity then you would see how expensive that can get.  What I do is pick my favorite colors or patterns, cull the rest,  then out of the birds I picked I decide who is a male and who's a female,  then I keep several females and a couple males and...
A&M are jumbo whites,  you can get jumbos in a couple different colors and patterns,  buy from a reputable breeder that will provide feedback from people that actually hatched their eggs and from people that can verify the weight of their birds,  if they aint 12oz or more they aint jumbos
I hope so,  I ordered some Bob-Birds eggs for $2 each from a guy on Craigslist that sells them,  if he ripped me off I will be so ******
Yeah I wouldnt buy from anyone that is trying to pass English Whites off as A&M,  been there done that,  a guy sold me some and said they were A&M and of course not knowing any better I bought them and they were english whites. If you are just looking for egg layers or a small meal the EW will do but if not hold out for some Texas A&M's
There are good stock out there,  if you check our breeder pages in the stickies and check feedback you will see,  we have some GREAT breeders here and online but you will get screwed over if you just trust an ebay seller by their word,  hell most of the time they steal someone elses description,  read a bunch and you will see what I mean.  My best advice is find a quality breeder of jumbos here on our stickies,  if you dont want to do that then do your homework online...
awesome congrats
I cant tell you for sure but I thought the only difference was size,  I have English Whites and they are smaller than Texas A&M's
lol Mary-Land,  is that by Maryland?  
What I did when I only fed daily was start off with a cup or two,  if they eat all that in an hour I would feed them another cup,  if there was anything left over then I knew 3 cups would get over the initial pig out stage and then a little over the rest of the day. I will tell ya though its frustrating trying to keep up with feeding them every day even,  especially if you dont have to,  I guess you probably use more feed if you make it constantly available but if you...
You are on the right track   Sand from Home Depot or any other store is just fine,  I choose to use the "river sand" at Home Depot,  its about 3.50 a bag so its cheap enough and it has small and bigger sand in there but it is silica free,  says it on the bag anyway which makes me feel better even though I am not 100% sure what silica would even do to a bird lol   The feed:  I keep my feed 24 hours a day available too unless they run out of food in which case it...