Posts by mochicken

Yeah I wouldnt buy from anyone that is trying to pass English Whites off as A&M,  been there done that,  a guy sold me some and said they were A&M and of course not knowing any better I bought them and they were english whites. If you are just looking for egg layers or a small meal the EW will do but if not hold out for some Texas A&M's
There are good stock out there,  if you check our breeder pages in the stickies and check feedback you will see,  we have some GREAT breeders here and online but you will get screwed over if you just trust an ebay seller by their word,  hell most of the time they steal someone elses description,  read a bunch and you will see what I mean.  My best advice is find a quality breeder of jumbos here on our stickies,  if you dont want to do that then do your homework online...
awesome congrats
I cant tell you for sure but I thought the only difference was size,  I have English Whites and they are smaller than Texas A&M's
lol Mary-Land,  is that by Maryland?  
What I did when I only fed daily was start off with a cup or two,  if they eat all that in an hour I would feed them another cup,  if there was anything left over then I knew 3 cups would get over the initial pig out stage and then a little over the rest of the day. I will tell ya though its frustrating trying to keep up with feeding them every day even,  especially if you dont have to,  I guess you probably use more feed if you make it constantly available but if you...
You are on the right track   Sand from Home Depot or any other store is just fine,  I choose to use the "river sand" at Home Depot,  its about 3.50 a bag so its cheap enough and it has small and bigger sand in there but it is silica free,  says it on the bag anyway which makes me feel better even though I am not 100% sure what silica would even do to a bird lol   The feed:  I keep my feed 24 hours a day available too unless they run out of food in which case it...
Your state abbreviation is "MD" which is also the abbreviation for Medical Doctor lol,  either that or he thought your picture looked like a doctors pic but I think it was probably the MD part lol
Great answers Groundpecker   I do most of what Groundpecker said,  I did have a bit to add,  even if you give them sandboxes they will still dig in their feed,  your best bet is to get a spill free quail feeder that they cant get their dirty lil feet into.   I will post a pic of what I started with,  my setup is different now but these type of feeders can be had for a few bucks     As for the male to female ratio,  I started out with 1 male to 2 females and...
Thanks for all your help Mibotsu