Posts by Stumpy

It would be about a six-hour round trip for me.
1kluckychik, thanks for your response.  Chicks would be fine, but Skipperville is too far for me to drive, unfortunately.  :-)
Wisher1000, I have two hens and a rooster from that hen.  I am trying to think back -- I think you gave me one or two hens and I had a broody hen at the time maybe, put some eggs under her.
I am searching for Cream Legbar or Sussex pullets in the Tuscaloosa area.  Anyone?
Does anyone know of a breeder?  I am not interested in breeding, just getting some nice blue eggs from healthy hens.
This looks just like my Ethel.
Thanks.
I am trying to help a friend who has the tiniest hen I've ever seen -- weighs 8 oz.  She has been losing weight, becoming listless, etc. and does not have mites or lice, has never been wormed.   I've read that Valbazen is considered very safe, but I want to be very careful.  Can someone give me the correct dosage?
I think you could make it work for your plastic coop.  You might need to make a little mini frame on the inside to support it, having the frame sides go to the floor of the coop for extra stability.
DHALLEN, love that coop.  It looks great -- including the curtains and window box.