Posts by ChicKat

Thanks KP - It is nothing of my doing actually, it is all the -roll of the dice- and the work of the parent stock, and the nutrition the kids had.   BTW last year TheTropix had a CL rooster that was 7-pounds.  That is probably enough heft for a CL rooster. We are considered a medium-sized breed right? - and the USA has light, medium and heavy while the UK omits the medium - so the CL is considered light over there...or are we light over here too?  
Nice cockerel, he out-weighs my old guy (5 1/2-pounds) - but the next generation - from the first hatch of my GFF pair the 2-year old is 6 1/2 - so your guy will probably outweigh him and hit that magic 7.  Speaking of weights...my 13-week-olds weight gain leveled off-- and I wormed them - and the following week they each gained 1/2 pound.  A scale is a good tool to have!  
X2  -- I did this big long expose on the "savasana" or shavasana yoga position and how my chickens were doing Yoga - now-a-days that asana is called the 'corpse pose'  (I think back in my day it was called the sponge...but corpse is so much more descriptive...)--- EXCEPT - they hold their feathers upright.  A Cream Legbar Pullet with her crest all raised, along with hackels etc...is like she stuck her toe in the light socket.  (Then my computer couldn't save it to my blog...
Had to show you this because it is so funny !     It isn't a dust bath because when the do this they are completely immobile.  I never can catch them at it.  They stand all their feathers on end...it is sooooo funny.
She really is pretty...nice long back, and nice tail angle, nice yellow legs too.  You will have to update us on how she does in the show.  Thanks for the post.  
Yes, and that would be the way to find all the answers.  It was recommended to be test mating of knowns - and not unknowns.  IT would take a lot of matings to unravel the complexity.  To date, I don't believe that has been done.  As a consequence, erroneous data may be put forward as accurate.  There are a lot of genetics at play, and all the recessives would need to be on the table to be accurate...IMO. ETA - from the genetics seminar last March with Grant Brereton he...
Here is a thread from Classroom in the Coop - where the discussion covers a lot of ground - but the idea that breeding a Cream Legbar to another chicken without dissecting out all the related genetics is not a scientific level proof.  The example that nicalandia had was a Cream Legbar bred with a silver Welsumer -- in the pages of the thread some reflections of why this isn't a genetic proof, and some of the things that would be needed to just 'test mate' the birds....
Thanks to everyone for the observations.   As I said at the beginning the chart is under development, and it is appearances - perhaps since it was a silver-gold slider you could stretch and say that the gold in the first picture (no confusion there right?) is influenced by the removal of gold as it approaches the final image, which is silver and has no gold) -- (that isn't confusing either is it?.  Your feedback of why you are confused does help me with the development....
This does sound really revolutionary and affordable for people who wish they could have roosters but cannot.   Leave it to myPetChicken for the latest and newest cool stuff!
Hi ErniesFlock, do you really get dog sled delivery or are you pulling my leg? if you are pulling it then...