Posts by ChicKat

I strongly disagree.    I have clear salmon females with a melanized cockerel father.... no need to have a 'pullet breeding line' and a 'cockerel breeding line' as many English breeds require.  People can always do it, of course - however, you make it sound like a requirement -- but I think you have -- (if you have been saying it for years), not been 100% correct.  Your statement can be very misleading to people who haven't got any experience with this breed.   I think I...
Here's a story for Legbar people....     The other day, I was reading Exhibition Poultry Keeping by David Scrivener.  In the chapter about "Show Bird Training and Preparation" - he explains how long ago fanciers would massage the head of their Maylays with the objective of loosening the skin to make the "overhanging (beetle) eye brows, giving a cruel and morose expression "      We know that the crest can cause the comb to be crooked.   So of two Legbar cockerels...
X2 and a bonus that he is sweet.... isn't this the one that Junibutt asked if you did a blow-dry session and styled his hackles....?  ;O)
Hope your pullet will pull through.   
Thanks M.  that does clarify it - And I think that saddle-hackle non-match is also a good indicator to have the variety different. Am I grasping correctly - Wing-triangle (secondaries) similar to saddle feathers - (that could also be written into the cream one - I guess if they have ultra-light wing-triangle and light saddles..). What is your take on having 3 colors in the secondaries versus only gray in different shades in the different varieties?Also - using the crele...
Thanks for the update -- it helps expand our knowledge --- sorry no eggs.  ;O)
Thanks c p ! It was a combination of being in the right place at the right time and having camera in hand...LOL - and yes -- it helps so much when they do all the work.  I have some ghastly photos where I was trying to both hold the chicken and the camera at the same time. 
Thank you for zeroing in on the parts that are confusing.... One point you made was VERY IMPORTANT - the APA has in the past admitted multiple varieties - but that was a long time ago - a friend of mine did research on it when they first told us it was impossible... and there is precedent, she listed several pages.  I seriously doubt that it will happen ever again - Only one variety will probably be admitted 'first'.   When Cream Legbars first came to the stage - Walt...
Oh Sol2go--- There are times - as you noted in above posts - when I am a plumb awful communicator.  Here's how I see it.  It is as if the chicken is a marionette  - and someone suddenly cut all the strings -- they just flop and put out a wing and sometimes raise their hackles - and just soak up sun.  It is the strangest/funniest thing.  Usually I don't have a camera - and by the time I go get one - they jump up when they see me approach - thinking either -- she has...
Glad you brought this up - I didn't see it before.   If you are thinking that the match to 100% gold Leghorn should depict Crele Legbar - then it is a gold Legbar plus crest and blue eggs......  It seems to me that not everyone wants to go that gold...but it is an option of course.... We would then just copy the Gold Legbar UK standard in its entirety and add crest and blue eggs to that SOP, then translate the wording to APA lingo. Spot on about the ease of writing the...