Posts by ChicKat

Pretty color,  How is the chick now? -- that solid powder blue may be the most unusual of all Isbar colors.  I seldom see them just like that. 
They are wonderful!1  Now we need more pictures.  
Make no mistake... - the artist representation is Leghorn chickens and not Legbar.  The similarity is the genetic combination of e+/e+ and B/B or B/w.  You do bring up a good point too -- that different breeds of chickens will manifest the barring that the underlying genes cause  - in different ways in the different breeds.  I think the example of Crele OEGB was a good one -- although the hatchery link doesn't work any longer -- Here is a cackle hatchery OEGB barred:shows...
Here is a cool example -- that reinforces what Jerryse said:   Silver duckwing Welsumers -- for sale in UK I think it is - here's link:http://imgur.com/VrNft.jpg  from google   Notice the silver hackles and rich salmon breast in the females.  Salmon breast is one sign of duckwing. -- Now for the male -- See that his wing triangle is white -- white wing triangle indicates silver..... brown (gold) wing triangle indicates a gold duckwing.  Bantambird -- if I called...
Great photos -- Thanks for posting. -- It is so interesting to see peoples Isbars. 
Agreed that it is frustrating.   When I first got chickens a  Black-sexlink I had succumbed to Marek's -- and the first level necropsy was inconclusive -- She was about 14-16 weeks -- a very vulnerable time for pullets because their bodies are going through so much stress when they are gearing up to start to lay eggs....but so young hardly any time for any tumors to develop. They had to go to the second level (grow out cultures) and that was a delay and added expense.   In...
IMO that is a really nice hen -- and a very good choice for mothering cockerels -- he comb is so small and straight.  Her crest does look smallish -- and I really strongly prefer the small crested CLs over the bouffant ones by far (can you tell from my posts...ROFL) Here is another thing for consideration -- I have seen females who have had parts of their crests 'chewed off' -- or so it looks....either grabbed there by male to keep his balance while they mate --- or a...
Hi duluthralphie --  Here's a link to the SOP http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/29-standard-of-perfection Here is a quote:"DISQUALIFICATIONSAbsence of crest. (See General Disqualifications and Cutting for Defects.)" Also, just like you, I think that the crest is something that the CL should have.   The point you make about the breeding paradox is so true and here is where IMO showing goes wrong.  -- And this I suppose could open a Pandora's Box of controversey... especially...
Congrats!  cute chicks  -- and you have a variety of down colors.  I would say center chick is male. the other two female. 
Hey there cheepchickery! Welcome to BYC!!    and AntFarm -- this affects you as well. IF it doesn't have a crest-- it isn't a CL.  In general the APA has lack of a crest on a crested breed -- as a DQ -- but it has also been added to the CL SOP as a reminder -- without a crest the bird would be Disqualified in a show.   There are other legbars that are crestless -- sliver and gold -- but those have not gotten a foothold in the USA to my knowledge -- it would be something...