Posts by ChicKat

A point of information that may lead to an added need for developing an SOP for them is that Greenfire Farms has imported the true Gold Legbar -- the one without a crest and that lays white eggs. Also any follow up if anyone knows for certain if in the UK they have separated the Cream Legbar SOP from the SOP of the gold and silver legbar.
If you didn't see the postings referenced above -- here are the Crele Patterns that show up on OEGBsabove beautiful example posted by Chis 09 in different threads discussing Crele Hatchery example - male Cackle Hatchery Hatchery female - Cackle chicks from above hatchery birdsawww - cute!Above Bantams very melanized and what many folks think of as crele.so the intensity of the black versus the more slate-gray black of CL. Both are cuckoo-barring types rather than IMO the...
Three cheers for the Universe!   Congratulations on the great hatch.  White sports are beautiful - my concern with them is their autosexing ability as generations go into the future. 
Not sure that this post by Sol2go got enough examination. It seems that on the Crele-look - the barring is more distinct and more regular than some of the lightest males we have seen so degree of intensity in the barring could be another thing that shows a difference between the two varieties.  I'm thinking more and more it is a dark-gray and light-gray barring versus a black-and-white barring.  If that may be enough with the other different attributes to easily identify...
X2 Sweetdreaming, your JR cockerel -- looks like the poster-boy roo on GFF site IMO
THANKS for posting the progress.... does she have a salmon breast.  It is interesting how much lacing is showing.  This year from my hatches I saw more lacing than ever before -- either it wasn't there or I didn't notice it - or ---?? what -- different diet, different water, sun spots?  What?    The tail does show the barring - which I think is something we ought to emphasize...nie healthy pullet with good shape -- You think they will lay at 20-wks?  Or wait until the...
I know exactly what you mean--- so many chickens -- so little time.  :O)
Hope you don't mind--- I did a photoshop rendering of an 'age progression' on your chicken...:O) When I first saw this look on a CL - It reminded me of a photo-negative... So took a photo of one of my pullets and did the 'invert' -- of course that didn't work because it just went to opposite colors and the comb and wattles turned green etc.  This may be a big differentiation of the varieties  Here is what I was playing around with - starting point the more ubiquitous...
 I think you can also go to WalMart or to a store that sells fishing gear...even a hardware maybe - and pick up a scale with hooks on both ends for about 6.00. hook the top hook to something..and put the chicken in a sack or one of those reusable grocery bags..The chicken won't like it of course... and hook the handles of the bag or sack to the lower - fish weighing scale hook..... May work wonders. :O)