Posts by ChicKat

-  and congrats - it is always so exciting to get first eggs!
That photo is too cool!!   If you have photo contests near your home you should enter it -- it is really worthy of an award (I participated in a few photo-contest)--- judged some for 4H but that is a different level...... That photo has it all.....  later I will go search this forum on 'vote' and 'calendar'. ---  I guess they have to take into consideration things beyond what is the best photo, I suppose trying to get as much diversity as possible for the 12-months...maybe...
It's a nice sharp picture -- your picts are always good!  -- It looks like the chicken is sneezing (is he?) --- If it were me, then I would go for one that is more representative of the bird as a whole -as if you were introducing them to the world, because a lot of people don't know about the coloration.  .  BTW - what nice white earlobes!!!   Hope others will weigh in... I think that they all get posted and then the BYC community votes on the choices.  If you can submit...
That's so cool -- you have plenty of time to sort things out -- and post when you are ready.  :O)
You will have to share your farm growth here -- can't wait to see the pictures of your chickens etc.  
And this is the thread to submit pictures for next year's calendar!!!!   http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1111133/2017-byc-calendar-your-pictures-needed  
so sorry for your loss... I lost my best hen to heat stroke in connection with egg laying this year.  The heat in the nesting boxes can probably build up.  It is so sad.  The vent-blood could have come possibly from other chickens pecking the dead one after death.  My guess FWIW is that your first thought was right.  Sometime I wish I could turn off laying until this heat wave gets past.  --  Hope you won't loose any others in your flock -- but this heat is truly dangerous...
Thanks for the info.... looks like a nice plumage pattern.  
silver OEGB
He's really beautiful.  I don't think he is a "silver" though - as the silver OEGB looks like this: oops pict didn't show -- I will try to get another one-- funny it is here in my edit.You may try offering him for free in the buy-sell-trade here on BYC is that is your objective or sell him for the price -- and you may also want to check in the OEGB threads with his color designation.  (then let us know -- because although - I once considered OEGB bantam - I don't know much...