Posts by ChicKat

Thanks for the insight rancher3535
X2
nicalandia - thanks for the nice summaries  on chick down, and E- genetics.   I agree with dretd that there maybe other genetics at work that aren't the ones the Punnett and Pease put into the breed.  Infact, it is almost definite.  Add to that, there are people in the USA that have already outcrossed their CLs - for some reason --- a group of olive-egg laying CLs appeared, which would be a definite indication that someone put a brown-egg layer in the mix that probably...
chicken pickin    That is amazing documentation.  Thanks for reposting. 
I strongly disagree.    I have clear salmon females with a melanized cockerel father.... no need to have a 'pullet breeding line' and a 'cockerel breeding line' as many English breeds require.  People can always do it, of course - however, you make it sound like a requirement -- but I think you have -- (if you have been saying it for years), not been 100% correct.  Your statement can be very misleading to people who haven't got any experience with this breed.   I think I...
Here's a story for Legbar people....     The other day, I was reading Exhibition Poultry Keeping by David Scrivener.  In the chapter about "Show Bird Training and Preparation" - he explains how long ago fanciers would massage the head of their Maylays with the objective of loosening the skin to make the "overhanging (beetle) eye brows, giving a cruel and morose expression "      We know that the crest can cause the comb to be crooked.   So of two Legbar cockerels...
X2 and a bonus that he is sweet.... isn't this the one that Junibutt asked if you did a blow-dry session and styled his hackles....?  ;O)
Hope your pullet will pull through.   
Thanks M.  that does clarify it - And I think that saddle-hackle non-match is also a good indicator to have the variety different. Am I grasping correctly - Wing-triangle (secondaries) similar to saddle feathers - (that could also be written into the cream one - I guess if they have ultra-light wing-triangle and light saddles..). What is your take on having 3 colors in the secondaries versus only gray in different shades in the different varieties?Also - using the crele...
Thanks for the update -- it helps expand our knowledge --- sorry no eggs.  ;O)