Posts by ChicKat

nice photos -- it looks warm where you are!
They are sure pretty chickens!!
That is interesting -- are the ones that start at different times from different parent stock?  Just curious.   When we think about it, it is more likely that there is going to be variation.   Here's a funny story -- we did an Artificial Insemination (AI that doesn't mean Avian Influenza) project on our registered cattle about 10-years ago.  Every cow and heifer was inseminated the same day -- that had come into heat in the previous hours -- and we were kind of naive and...
Yep, I know just what you mean.... In that I have a mental match with you -- they are chicks until they are ready for chicken social security -- well maybe not that long. --   Yours did do their maturing over the winter and it has been a dark cold one that's for sure... -- So that is a factor.   There is a hybrid Cream Legbar rooster over Isbar hen in the same pen with my CL - and the hybrid has been laying the prettiest saturated green eggs for about 2 weeks now.  She is...
Oh yeah, I remember that movie --  TOMATOMETER 97%Average Rating: 8.1/10Reviews Counted: 165Fresh: 160Rotten: 5    Critics Consensus: Critics Consensus: Chicken Run has all the charm of Nick Park's Wallace & Gromit, and something for everybody. The voice acting is fabulous, the slapstick is brilliant, and the action sequences are spectacular.  
I'm REALLY polling everyone now.  I have a pullet that is 22-weeks -- and I always say that 24weeks is the magic number...  We're close - I think.  ;O)
You could never pay too much for CL -- they're priceless.  
Definitely would seem small next to an Orp -- I was helping a friend with an Orp rooster the other day -- and he weighed about 15-pounds...that is like 2 to 2 1/2 times the CL size.  Do you have a scale ?   STANDARD WEIGHTSCock…………………………7 lbs.            Hens…………………………6 lbs. Cockerel……………………..6 lbs.         Pullet…………………………4 lbs. Don't think that those are the norms - but a 3.5 to 4 pound pullet is a real normal size and 5 to 5.5 hen would probably be very representative. 
cute chick  -- love your avatar - cracks me up!! 
cute with the photo bomb.  ETA - she is thinking about treats.