Posts by ChicKat

Looks a bit like an Old English Game - which I have a great female of that breed .... perhaps you could also post in the OEGB thread and 1). ask if this is an Oegb (maybe the legs are a bit long though? -- anyone know for sure?)  -- and perhaps 2). someone in that thread would be interested in taking it off your hands:http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/276168/hello-and-welcome-to-the-oegb-threadGood luck with your quest
Hi Mattmr7 - sorry that you got males instead of females.  A better way to check on the gender of Cream Legbars is not the eye-liner, but the dorsal stripes and the head V.  If the chick has a very distinct V on the top of the forehead (small end of V by beak) - and a dark stripe travels from there over the rump -- with lighter chipmunk stripes beside it -- then female.  Even if a frosting of light down appears on the top of the head, and it is completely contained within...
Not nice! glad that you got it -- did you count the rattles?
Moving! what fun (not)!  lol -- have fun.
Love that dog in your avatar! Welcome -- and best of luck with your new location!
Thanks for posting -- (in advance) Why no cure for Marek's?   One reason is that chickens were only cheap livestock, until the BYC movement brought them closer to more people -- and they became pets.  --  No bottom-ine driven entity cares for the life of a chicken.  Most vets here in the USA  don't even treat chickens - and chicken owners in general don't want to pay a lot of chicken care at the vet's.  Most folks don't want to pay the $80.00 for a necropsy - And they are...
Fabulous!
It's good to hear you post!! but it is sad to hear what you have been through -- that is just plain awful.   Wow -- I hope that ALL the worst is going to be totally behind you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regarding Isbar laying the wrong color.... I actually have an Isbar who is a nice enough bird,  but she lays a brown egg (surprise).  Paired with a green-egg genetics...
X2
Hey Dave!welcome to BYC! and the TX thread.