Posts by soldier

Please count me in! I almost missed this   Will set 55 Cream Legbar eggs on Sat!   Getting nice and warm in Kansas and hope everyone has a GREAT HATCH
Rinda,   Thank you for your comments. I hatched out my rooster from eggs shipped from Greenfire Farms last year/2013. He is about 9 months old now. I thought he was carrying the cream gene and that is why he is so light. I thought the next generation of pullets would start exhibiting more of a cream appearance because of him. Maybe I am wrong.   Currently, I have all the hens with this rooster and have room enough to grow up chicks when I hold some back from hatching....
Here are a few more of the flock. Thanks for letting me share. Please I would love pricing suggestions and all critical and positive evaluation is WELCOME!        
Here are some photos of my Cream Legbars. Please evaluate. I do know there are some faults in the flock. Such as a couple of the girls have some darker feathers in chest area and Roo has yellow vs white ear lobe coloring, a couple of the girls have smaller crest. One has no real crest, she is also slender in body and a cull. With exception to one or two most of these hens have lovely dept of body and size. There eggs are good sized also for pullets.   Anyway pictured are...
I will take some photos of the birds tomorrow and post them. Thanks
My Cream Legbar girls have been laying for a while now. Their eggs are of good size and now that we no longer have freezing temps the eggs are OK to incubate. I get about 6-9 a day. They are laying machines. I have saved up about 80 or so and I am ready to place them in the incubator. These chicks will be sired by a chick hatched out from Greenfire Farm eggs last year and one pullet is also directly from Greenfire farm egg last year; different lot number of stock then...
I am posting photos of my Good Shepard Poultry Ranch rooster. He is almost one year old. I would love comments both good and bad. Please evaluate. I had several roosters but he was the only one that made the final cut.  
First off thank all of you for the evaluation of my GGF hen; both qualities and faults. The above statement is so true "Breeding for success of on trait may diminish the success of the other trait in someone's flock." You see this in a lot of breeding programs; as in cattle. When you select for higher weight gains such things will have a negative correlation on things such as milking ability/mothering etc. So if a person breeds for a specific quality they like say "smaller...
Below are photos of the pullet I hatched out from the eggs I won from Greenfire farms. She is approximately 6 months old. I would love evaluations of this pullet. Thanks for letting me share  
I wanted to thank everyone for their evaluation of my rooster. When he was a chick he was easy to sex. He looked lighter then most males but not white. I do not think I have any photos of him as a baby chick. I will look. Greenfire Farms sent me 4 Cream Legbar eggs and 2 hatched. The eggs were labeled from 2 different pens. The eggs that hatched were out of two different pens, so I assume lines may be a bit different. The eggs were blue in color and not green. The hen and...