Posts by dainerra

Highstreet, ear infections every summer are likely caused by allergies. Frequent summer ear infections are also common in dogs that do a lot of swimming - water in the ear leads to infections.
fastest and simplest solution. Pry his mouth open, toss the pill into the back of his throat. Hold his mouth closed and blow lightly across his nose until he swallows. As soon as he does, praise him and give him an extra yummy treat like a piece of hotdog or something else that he only gets at pill time
there are many breeders in the US who title "both ends" of the dog before breeding.     You just have to know where to look.   If you are going to import a dog, you also have to know where to look.   Not all of those SCH titles are created equally  lol    Nothing like listening to a GSD group talk about midnight trials to get an SCH on a showdog. I guess that can be said of any dog and any title, of course.   So you really have to know the breeder and what went into...
I actually got to steward under Jimmy Moses last November. He was wonderful to work with and he really knows his dogs! I didn't get to see him judge GSDs though. It was great to watch him, especially with young dogs or breeds known for skittish temperaments. Of course, it's always great to work with a judge who doesn't treat his stewards like slave labor lol My dream is to own a Miky pup from Weberhaus. Unfortunately, Miky is getting older and I'm not in a...
even if she is still too far away there is no harm in contacting her. There are so many arrangements that I have seen done - meeting halfway. meeting at a show. flying in a pup. if you have to wait until you get out on your own before getting the show dog you want, then so be it. Honestly, if your parents aren't 100% on board and every bit as eager as you are with the "dog show bug" No breeder is going to be jumping at the chance to give you one of their...
he's the one with the comb. he is just starting to try to crow. he's a little love bug
stemrose, I know you're excited but I think that you are still looking at this all wrong if you want to get a show dog. a breeder that you want to get a show quality pup from isn't likely to advertise with descriptions like "cute" or what color the puppies eyes are. They will talk about the parents health and titles, working ability, and if the pup is considered a possible show prospect, working prospect or for a pet home. Also, since show prospects are generally...
I think we are finally on the right track to having a friendly rooster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77J1YDh8HZs&list=UUYu9BDxntQso7d2pB7bxzWA
I have a friend with Bedlington's.    :)   Here is Singe and her new...
be prepared to wait.      Took me over 3 years to get the boy I have now.     Find a breeder you like and dogs you like and then wait for the right puppy to come along.     :)It's not something you can rush but it's worth the wait!