Posts by yinepu

nah.. scrambled eggs are beyond me... but just barely!         
  look below...  for ones with really bad air cells I handle them a bit differently... but this is what I do with the majority... 
 I'm curious as to who that seller was (please PM me his user name).. I had a situation much like that... the eggs arrived the same way .. but weren't turkey eggs... so I wonder if it was the same guy.. I opened a case with eBay over the broken eggs and stated I would be happy to return them.. however the seller would have to pay the shipping since I was overcharged for poor packaging in the first place.. needless to say the seller refunded me very quickly.. there are very...
I start shipped eggs in a carton upright for the first few days (no turning.. large end up).. then set them at an angle and go from there for turning... once I have room in the bator they go completely on their sides... but since I have so many at any given time the shipped ones are competing for space.. so as a space saver it's easier for me to go upright in the beginning...I use styro cartons (easier to clean).. and I don't do anything to the carton itself other than to...
 it's rare to see one of mine in the water.. 
 Don't be so sure.. lol.. I have hatched out a lot of eggs that had air cells that were migrating all over the egg and full of bubbles (as in the membrane was totally shot all to heck)...  you would be surprised at the eggs I have gotten to hatch.. 
9 so far (mostly splash).. one other egg is pipped.. and then there is one I can't see into.. so it might be a clear for all I know.. lol     
 lol.. I don't need to make house calls.. YOU CAN DO IT!... plus when you pinion a muscovy it counts towards the federal regulations for marking muscovy as domestic (should they ever decide to enforce them)
 any fowl that you want to render flightless you cut just past the joint.. leaving the little "thumb" intact.. so you do not cut through digit II.. but rather just under it (I place the scissors under digit II and snip the remaining wing they use this method on all sorts of birds.. especially ones in zoological parks..
 you snip just beyond what would be their "thumb" on the wing (it's actually the metacarpus that is removed).. and only one wing is pinioned.. I always snip the right wingno after care if you pinion them around day 2 since the bone hasn't really formed yet by then and there isn't much blood at all going to the tip.. the longer you wait the more bleeding you will encounter because there will be more growth to the wing tip... on day 2 it's barely a drop if that... also.....