Posts by Ardizzone7

Here are the symptoms: Sluggish Sits on roost most of the day When she walks she moves very slow and wattles Her shanks and feet feel very hot to the touch Her abdomen is full but not bulbous and feels like a water balloon Pooping pale yellow liquid Her comb is thin and dry I thought she was egg bound but she doesn't feel like she has an egg in her abdomen. Any help would be appreciated!
Haha!
Here are some of our new babies. They are all mixed breeds of Rouen, Pekin, fawn Runner, black Swedish and Cayuga
Hi Everyone!!!! I just have to share that I incubated duck eggs for the first time and All of the 20 eggs I set hatched!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! Here is a quick pic. I will post more later today.
I have a hen that hatched her first clutch in Feb. Since this is pretty early in the season, I figure she will start laying again before next winter. Does anyone know how long she will raise her poults before she decides to lay again?
My hen would be off her nest for about a half an hour a day. Anything longer than an hour and the eggs will cool too much.
My new self blue babies!!! They hatched on the 12th of Feb. They are really growing!
New babies!!!! They hatched Monday. It is quite amazing really. She went broody on 1 egg. I had 2 others that were too old to ship so I put them under her as well. She was diligent! She sat on them in a dog house in the coldest weather on record for Indiana. Most days have been single digits to several degrees below zero. She got off the nest each day for about 30 minutes. All 3 hatched!!! They are now in our basement but are all cozy and healthy. I also have her mothering...
3 out of 3 hatched!!!!!!!! We had to move them to the basement because we couldn't get the electricity in the coop to work. Here is a pic of mamma with a baby. The others are under her.
Ok well we will see how it goes. I will post pics once everyone is moved. Thank you for your help!