(1) GQF turbo-fan and wafer thermostat
(1) 12v computer fan
(8) #8-32 x 2" bolts with the nuts with 'em.
(1) bit that can drill a hole big enough for the bolt to fit through. But not too big. And one that'll drill a 1/2" hole for the red light that shows you if your incubator is on or not.
(1)phillips drill bit.
(1) 10 ft roll of 3/8" x 3/4" foam tape.
(6) screws, and (1) latch, if you want it to close.
(1) automatic turner. Or if your dresser is larger than 27"L x 18W, 2 turners.
*not guaranteed all information is accurate. And your incubator probably has the screws from the manufactorer. Mine were too short and rusted to reuse. All the measurements and sizes, I looked up from the packages and the info is right.
Finished version. I took the front of the drawr and hinged it onto the middle shelf. I also added another fan(inside top right) that's connected to my other incubator(didn't have a converter for the 12v pc fan). I improvised a bit on a few things. I'm a cheap-o and only bought the foam tape for $5.99; I had everything else literally sitting around collecting dust.
It hold easily 60% humidity and stays between 97-102* at 60-76 degrees fahrenheit. I can almost fit 2 auto turners in it... almost... grr...
Out of 3 seccessful incubators, this is the only one that required 0% parental help. So, anyone who isn't afraid to get shocked wiring in the second fan(it's optional, though) and can use a drill can easily make this. It takes 3 hours, tops. Most of my time went into pulling stuff apart.
A ruler is greatly advised! And be careful not to get burnt by your heating element.
P.s. I didn't measure anything, I guessed and so I have about 6 extra holes on he top and sides for ventilation.
P.s.s. I hatched 10 button quail and 1 coturnix(so far) in it. I don't quite trust it to do full-term yet. And if I did i'd put in guinea or duck eggs. They're harder to kill with temperature spikes.
*I used several ideas in this that were from other BYCers. Like the styrafoam tape.
I'll keep altering and changing things until I have it completely right and eliminate and hot/cool spots.