Welcome to the Flock!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBlack Sex Link chickentagged by Libertyrose03, 7/14/15
- brandPurinatagged by Libertyrose03, 7/14/15
- itemPurina Layenatagged by Libertyrose03, 7/14/15
- itemPurina Start & Grow SunFresh® Recipe Chick Feed - Medicatedtagged by Libertyrose03, 7/14/15
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
Chicken lover on the block! - Page 3
Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Late in coming, but better then never.
One thing that can really help with the expense is to build your coop and run with recycled materials. Check out the coops forum for some good ideas. Members have used pallets, old playhouses, windows and doors from Habitat for Humanity stores, etc.
Just don't skimp on making your coop and run as predator-proof as possible, you might pay more initially for hardware cloth and secure locks but that will pay off in the long run if it means you don't have to replace your chickens.
- › ^The Two Forests^ A Shapeshifting RP 29 seconds ago
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 39 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 41 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 43 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 44 seconds ago
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 51 seconds ago
- › Drake has trouble breathing after eating and drinking 1 minute ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 1 minute ago
- › Lethargic, paralyzed and dying 1 minute ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 2 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.