New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shipped Egg HELP - Page 4

post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandsferguson View Post

I am not sure where you are talking about. Where her signature is. Sorry.
you might not be able to see it on mobile. I'll repost it when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandsferguson View Post

When should I lay them down after they pip?
I usually wait until they are about halfway zipped so they can kick out easier. Some even let them hatch in cartons
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Reply
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Reply
post #32 of 39

https://mbasic.facebook.com/notes/friends-with-fowl/hatching-shipped-eggs-by-elizabeth-white-via-cheryl-shires/548615281826504/

 

Here's the link to the article Ruby posted.  :)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Reply
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Reply
post #33 of 39
Yes, others have good hatches letting them hatch in cartons, or like Friday said halfway out. I personally have not hatched upright. I lay down for hatch. I would say it depends on your air cells. If you have fluid in them then I would hatch upright. Can you get s pic of them?
post #34 of 39
Thread Starter 
Thank you so much. That makes me feel tons better. If I had read that before I wouldn't have worried. That is pretty much what I did. I kept my humidity just over 25% for the first while then started increasing it slowly which is when I started seeing the swishing. I didn't turn them very much at all either. Just a tiny bit that the nipple rings would allow without them falling over. I am now tilting them a little more and the swishy has gone away. I had to keep checking on them when I started uping my humidity and I am glad I did. I had never seen the swishing in the egg before and I think it was water between the membrane and shell. And when I dropped the humidity it dried it back up is the only thing I can think of. What ever happened I am glad they are ok for now lol. Fingers crossed they will make it through the hatch. :-). I sure do love these little guys and I know it is hard to believe since they are "just eggs". But they are my babies in those "eggs" lol. Thanks y'all for all the help. That article I read was the light at the end of my tunnel. Best thing I have read in a long time.
post #35 of 39
Can I interrupt to ask how stable individual egg carton holders would be during hatching? I've only got two eggs survived thus far (shipped and on day 12) and one has a still detached looking air cell (was under my silkie but have moved into my incubator with the other one to try and keep more upright) . I'm thinking it especially will benefit from hatching upright but wondering won't the egg carton holder just topple over if they wriggle about during the hatch?

Aussie Mum to
our sizzle Al

our neurotic Partridge Silkie Penny

and our sweethearts the Salmon Favorelles girls, Colonel , Winry & Carl
And our big girls the Australorps, Pepper, Blackie and Tonio

Reply

Aussie Mum to
our sizzle Al

our neurotic Partridge Silkie Penny

and our sweethearts the Salmon Favorelles girls, Colonel , Winry & Carl
And our big girls the Australorps, Pepper, Blackie and Tonio

Reply
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by appps View Post

Can I interrupt to ask how stable individual egg carton holders would be during hatching? I've only got two eggs survived thus far (shipped and on day 12) and one has a still detached looking air cell (was under my silkie but have moved into my incubator with the other one to try and keep more upright) . I'm thinking it especially will benefit from hatching upright but wondering won't the egg carton holder just topple over if they wriggle about during the hatch?

I like to keep mine hooked together in strips of 2-3 held by the support rails in my Brinsea. You can use a square of 4 for stability. Just cut the bottoms out for airflow.

Good luck!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Reply
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Reply
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by FridayYet View Post

I like to keep mine hooked together in strips of 2-3 held by the support rails in my Brinsea. You can use a square of 4 for stability. Just cut the bottoms out for airflow.

Good luck!
Thanks! I have no rails as it's two eggs in a 48 egg incubator so will try the squares.

Aussie Mum to
our sizzle Al

our neurotic Partridge Silkie Penny

and our sweethearts the Salmon Favorelles girls, Colonel , Winry & Carl
And our big girls the Australorps, Pepper, Blackie and Tonio

Reply

Aussie Mum to
our sizzle Al

our neurotic Partridge Silkie Penny

and our sweethearts the Salmon Favorelles girls, Colonel , Winry & Carl
And our big girls the Australorps, Pepper, Blackie and Tonio

Reply
post #38 of 39
Thread Starter 
Would someone mind showing the carton from the side so I can see how low to cut them. I tried but they just fall over I am guessing I cut them too short. :-(. I appreciate the pics that were posted previously but I am starting a new hatch and want to do everything correct. :-)
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandsferguson View Post

Would someone mind showing the carton from the side so I can see how low to cut them. I tried but they just fall over I am guessing I cut them too short. :-(. I appreciate the pics that were posted previously but I am starting a new hatch and want to do everything correct. :-)
I'll take some pics today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs