John from PA here
(1) Totally new to chickens other family members have them and the farm I work at.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 0
(3) I have some one who wants to give me 3 - 1 year old Rhode Island Red from family flock and the farm I work at has 2 year old sex-links I can get a $1 each. Coop will be big enough for 8 not sure if it's a good idea mixing the two. Mainly looking at eggs for 4 people and compost for our garden.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Google searching for info
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? music/guitar and anything else I can get my hands on
(6) Semi-retired, we grow most of our own vegetables, have a tank for a dog, Starting to try out Back-To-Eden gardening
Going to start building a 4x8 coop with and 8'x12' run figure that will work for 8 but probably only have 6 at most