1515PM got 15cc of h2o into her this time. She also made a normal poop on the towel and was walking around a little on top of the washing machine, which let me finally get a quick look at her rear end. I don't see any lesions or anything but pink skin and poopy feathers. the vent looks clear, and the poopy feathers are all lower.
Advice for weak underweight 5 y/o chicken possibly with worms - Page 8
1800, got another 20cc into her.
Edit: 1930, got a final 15cc for the day into her crop. She'd put herself to bed, walked from 2 ft away from the dog crate and tucked herself into the back of it. Yay! I felt bad waking her up but better for her I guess.
Edited by springbok7 - 9/27/15 at 11:18pm
ok i'm back from oahu (yay surgery was success!). Hubby did a good job of taking care of Mom and of Princess. Here is his status report for the day:
- 0800AM weight 1.913kg/4lb3-3/8oz
- crate poop looks like normal poop
- checked crop, mostly empty (YAY) and squishy
- gave one mashed egg and water.
- 1030AM-ish egg gone, crop felt 1/2 full and squisy, gave pellet mash (half-half kaytee/pellets and warm water)
- 1100AM-ish crop a bit firm so tubed between 10cc and 15cc of warm water ("1 1/4 inches of tube")
- 1400PM checked crop and gave more pellet mash
- 1500PM-ish tubed another 10cc or 15cc of warm water ("1 1/4 inches of tube")
- 1800PM-ish tubed 15cc of 100F water, gave a mashed egg
- 1830PM her poop from today
- 1900PM she put herself to bed at the back of the crate again :D
I think I shall follow her example. I've been up since 4:30AM this morning to catch my flight and only slept 3 hours last night. So I'm wiped and a zombie :D but I'm hopeful that tomorrow's weight will be better and that wednesday's will too. Seem to be getting a handle on how to feed and what to watch for, when to do water and when solids, so I am starting to be much more optimistic. The fact that she can walk a bit on her own and is putting herself to bed two days in a row is also cause for hope. Thanks so much for all your help Kathy!