The amount of times I have 'googled' a chicken related question, to find myself on this site.
I thought it best just to join.
I have heard many theories of the 'slippery slope of owning chickens' I think this may be as far as I can go now.
I love reading all your threads getting info, being entertained, and looking a pics of all your babies, coops etc.
Starting at the end.... To the beginning of my chicken obsession
10. I joined an online chicken community
9. I moved my beat up Jap Bantum rooster into the house (been about 6/7 weeks now)
8. When I got to work on a Monday I have a new entertaining story about my chickens
7. I'd prefer to be in my back yard gardening feeding my chickens worms than doing anything else on the weekend, and I refer to my chickens as babies
6. The coop is always a work in progress, gradually getting more architecturally aesthetic than any building on our street
5. I have loved and lost, and built stronger, higher fences
4. I bought turkeys
3. I drove 6 hours one way to buy peacocks, and I believe that baby pea's are the most precious animals
2. I bought ducks
1. I bought chickens
Bit about me.
I'm 33, am a mum and step mum to 4 kids. Have an especially patient and cool husband.
Have become rather good at smuggling new chickens past the house to the coop.
Very happy to be here and now time to do some browsing.