Originally Posted by aart
Oh!... that reminds me I need to test a drain here......so I can finish covering it before freeze up..keep waiting for torrential rain but not happening will have to use the hose.
Anyway...glad your drains are working well. :D
Maybe you'll luck out and you'll also have a deluge. I'll push real hard and see if I can shove it up that way.
Oh, I did forget one thing. I found two motion activated solar lights for the coop, one for each side to light up the door areas. They are interesting as they each only cost $14.99 on Amazon and had splendid reviews. After being fully sun-charged, they come on at dusk very dimly and if something comes within about 20 feet of it, it blazes out for 10 seconds or until whatever it is quits moving. I thought that was a great price and so far, they are working great. Maybe they'll scare the deer off and they'll quit leaving tracks across my barn pad. If they don't keep working well, I can always get a different type, but I had $25 in Amazon gift cards.
Each is on a tree facing one end of the future barn.
Edited by speckledhen - 11/3/15 at 4:34pm
- Ultra-Bright: High-powered 12 LEDs provide excellent illumination of up to 160 lumens. This is bright enough to turn night into day and provide security for your home or business.
- Eco-Friendly: Our light is charged through the day by exposure to sunlight. Its Li-ion can provide 12 hours of illumination at night from just 7 hours of charging during the day.
- AUTOMATIC: The light features a PIR motion sensor that is activated when movement is detected within 3 m / 15 ft. If no further movement is detected during the 10 seconds that the light is on, it will automatically turn on Dim light when no motion.
- Easy to Install: The light takes only minutes to install. Screws and a hinge are provided and no complicated wiring is necessary.
- Durable: The light has been certified to IP64 meaning it is waterproof, heat-resistant and rugged. It can keep working throughout anything the great outdoors has in store.