So I plan on getting 3 Buff orpington chickens and 2 Indian runner ducks. These I plan on housing together in a 2x3 meter coop and a 15 square meter run. Now the run is going to be like a large tunnel, 1 meter high and wide, against the walls of our vegetable garden.
Here are the questions:
1. Will this be enough space for 5 birds? I will try to let them out in the day onto the lawn.
2. What will the best coop and run bedding be for chickens and ducks? I had the deep litter method in mind.
3. I've heard that ducks can eat the same feed as chickens. Is this suitable for the ducks?
4. Will the run be tall enough for the Indian runners? Or do they prefer to have a large space above their heads?
5. When I finally get the chickens and ducks should I first introduce the ducks to their new home and when they are comfortable should I then introduce the chickens or is it the other way round?
Thank you so much for any answers!!
Edited by Birdlover 13 - 10/3/15 at 11:58pm