1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
Laying on her side in the run at night. When I picked her up felt like she wheezed. Very sluggish / No reactions.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
Found her late last night when I went to collect eggs.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
This hen is one that usually flies up and roosts on the water bucket. I found her next to the water bucket lifeless. I went to roll her over to see what happened and noticed she was still alive.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
I feed my birds kitchen scraps, layer crumble. Has water.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
Havent seen poop since I seperated her.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
Brought her in my garage. Gave a bowl of gatorade. Heat lamp on her.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
Looking for any tips on treating her.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
The coop has pdz stall fresh in the bottom. The nests have straw. The run is / was deep litter method but its down to dirt now.
I found this bird after I came home from hunting in the afternoon laying lifeless in the run after dark. She was on her side and seemed like she wasn't able to move. She wasnt like this before I left. However, I did hear some commotion in the coop in the afternoon and when I went over to the pen I noticed one was in the coop - so I just thought she was laying an egg.
This morning she at least turned her self around in the cage in the garage. I am at work - so I am not sure what I should do when I get home. I didn't notice her straining to get an egg out. She really is just sitting there not doing anything.