2. Australorp about 14-15 weeks old. She is huge!
3. Sussex A. 14weeks old. She lost a bit of feather on her tail when we got her from the farm got pecked by others. It is all growing back that is why it looks a bit funny.
4. Sussex B. 13 weeks old. Younger&smaller than sussex A.
5. French maran A. 8-9weeks old
6. French maran B. 8-9weeks old, same age& batch maran A
7. Finally my 3 kids favourite Silky 13 weeks old
We live in an area that does not allow us to keep roosters. We got these lovely chooks from a local chicken grower who tried his best to pick "Hens" only. But he can't (of course noone can) guarantee that they will be... we haven't heard any crowing at all so far. Their combs did not grow much since we got them but getting slightly more pinkish I think. Except sessex B has tiny bit of wattle growth but not much comb growth compare to sussex A.
Last photo is our new chicken coop made out of recycled timber and material except the mash. Took us to build 3 weekends but very happy with it.
Love to hear other experts opinion about our lovely 7 chooks...hen or rooster?. Thank you so much in advance.