(1) "Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?" When I was a teenager, my family had a small backyard flock of chickens. Fast forward 12 years, and I'm still stuck in Suburbia, but my parents have 55 acres. I own some Black Copper Marans that live on their farm. I'm working on getting a place ready for some chickens so I don't have to drive three hours to get eggs.
(2) "How many chickens do you have right now?" 5 hens that live on my mom's farm. Hopefully, I will have 5 or 6 in my own backyard coop soon!
(3) "What breeds do you have?" Black Copper Marans; considering Red & Black Star, Australorps, Amerucanas, Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, and, one of my favorites, Speckled Sussex.
(4) "How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?" Google, haha! How else?
(5) "What are some of your other hobbies?" I dabble in crochet; I love learning and am always researching something.
(6) "Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share." I also own reptiles: ball pythons and a bearded dragon. And we have a French Mastiff. We call her our "pocket mini Mastiff," since she's only 75 pounds. I'm a homeschooling mom to three youngsters, so we're looking forward to having some fun chicken based lessons!