so to day I let my pullets out (5 month old) to free range this morning and was running happy and healthy nothing wrong and then..... I FOUND MY PULLET SITTING AND WONT WALK !!!! it happened this evening so I took her up and she started skwaking so I took her in the run as it was getting dark she stood up a bit she was very close to her body and she pooped a small amount it looked normal but too little poo I was thinking she had egg bound but she didn't lay yet she is about 5 - 6 months old can this happen before she lays
HELP sick pullet could be egg bound #UPDATE FOUND DEAD poisend#
Why do you suspect that she was poisoned? Was she exposed to insecticides or rodent bait? Many insecticide poisons cause neurological symptoms while rodent poisons contain warfarin and kill by hemorrhage . If you are concerned that your birds were exposed to poison the best you can do is not free range them so that they aren't exposed. If you google insecticide poisoning in chickens you will find that the death rate from exposure can be very high and in the terms of warfarin poisoning very little needs to be ingested to be fatal. I worked with a woman once who's little Chihuahua got a hold of some mouse bait and ate just a tiny corner off of it before discovered and rushed to the vet. Blood tests confirmed that she had eaten enough with that one tiny corner to mess up her clotting time in her blood. She had to treat her with high doses of vitamin K for over a month. The stuff is bad news.
In my humble opinion it doesn't add up to chemical poisoning. Unless there was a chance she was bitten by a snake. I'm not familiar with the poisonous snakes/insects that you have in your part of the world but that might be something to check for if you are worried about poison. If you still have her body check for puncture wounds. How is the rest of your flock acting? I would definitely be keeping a close eye on them for any unusual symptoms.