It's taken us 4 months to build our new coop and run. Neither one of us have any carpentry skills but still managed. The coop is made with free lumber my DH gets from work.
The coop is 4 X 6 and built using the Kreg system. 3 nesting boxes each lined with plastic file totes we found super cheap at Walmart and fit perfectly. The run is entirely made out of CPVC 2 1/2 inch pipe which we got free as well. The entire run sides are covered in 1/4 inch hardware cloth. The floor of the run we dug down 8 inches and buried fencing under ground and wove it to the hardware cloth. The top is covered with fencing as well. Still have to finish putting all the Belgium Blocks (Saved from when we ripped out our driveway) around the run. The one window was found during a garbage night and the other window we made ourselves and used a piece of plexi glass we had. The only items we needed to buy to do the build was the screws, nails, zip ties, hardware cloth, gutter, caulk, paint and some of the hardware. The shingles we had from when our roof on the house was installed and also had a big roll of tar paper we picked up in, the trash. We still plan on putting some sort of roof over one end of the run to keep the girls dry. Since the entire coop and run where built on a sloping part of the yard and not all the wood was exactly perfect, the term Wonky Wood was used quit often while building it. We have since named the Coop "Wonky Woods Eggstate"