I am new to the BYC, we will be moving to Bracey VA in the next 2 months. My thoughts are these
1) Looking good egg layers
2) A nice mix breeds for plumage and egg color
3) Will purchase pullets for the first year.
My list so far
Jersey Giants, Black Australops, RIR, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers, Black sex links, White Leghorns, Buff Orpington, Cuckoo Moran. light sussex
I am thinking 2 or 3 of each. if we get two of a few breeds I would make the 25-30 flock with nice recommended bantams.
1) Are these chickens compatible with each other ?
2) Are they all classed as egg layers. ?
3) What would you add or take away.
4) Where to buy such a mixed bag.