Hello everyone! My wife and I are new to the chicken raising world. This site has been very helpful for the first 10 weeks we've had our 5 chickens!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We got chickens about 10 weeks ago. First time chicken raisers!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 5 chickens right now. And depending on how many of the 5 are roosters, we may look to add some more.
(3) What breeds do you have? We have two silkies, a black and a white. One Easter-Egger. One Salmon Faverolle. And one Houdan.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Like all new things we start, we tried to do a lot of research and BYC came up quite frequently in answers to our questions!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We recently purchased a house, so that has been our hobby for the last year and half. Also, our two German Shorthaired Pointers, Kipling and Luna!
I'd love to get your guys opinions on the genders of our flock. If this is not the appropriate area to share that, feel free to move this wherever :)
I am pretty sure that my SF is a hen, and very sure my Houdan is a roo as he is already crowing :), but these three I am not entirely sure. What you all think?
These are our two silkies:
This is our EE. I have been leaning toward roo, but holding out hope to be a hen :)
Closer of the white silkie
Closer of the black silkie.
Anyways, nice to meet everyone and thanks for letting us join!
Drew and Laura