Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:04 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 10181post #101801 of 1576315/25/16 at 12:43pmAnyone dealt with swollen feet in hens? I can't tell if her toes are broken or she has bumble foot or a tumor or what? It doesn't look great. She's one of our youngest hens and hides under stuff a lot so she's not usually getting in the way of things she was flipping out so u let her go but I have to go get her and see how she's doing in a sec
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #101802 of 1576315/25/16 at 12:47pmQuote:Hooray! . Slow pokesOriginally Posted by Jessimom
Good morning all!! I had 18 of 24 eggs hatch. I checked 2 of the remaining eggs and there is movement. We are on day 22 right now. So there is hope for more.
I cleaned out shells and took out 3 babies that I sold, but my pens are crowded so these guys don't get out of the 'bator until tonight. I had a heat lamp on the chicks I hatched for gotro17. I brought them over to her house this morning. I was going to put the new babies under that lamp, but it died - not the bulb, the contraption, so the heat pads that I'm using to make a Mama brooder with, are sitting at the post office.
I had Fly Tie chicks (at least 6) hatch, 4 EE eggs from my teenager chicks, 1 silkie and the rest were from beige/brown eggs. I'm guessing the EE roo with BO, Dominque, BA, or NHR hens. There were 3 yellow babies, 3 brown babies and the rest are black.
Happy hatching everyone!!post #101803 of 1576315/25/16 at 12:51pmpost #101804 of 1576315/25/16 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BusyBearMama
Anyone dealt with swollen feet in hens? I can't tell if her toes are broken or she has bumble foot or a tumor or what? It doesn't look great. She's one of our youngest hens and hides under stuff a lot so she's not usually getting in the way of things she was flipping out so u let her go but I have to go get her and see how she's doing in a sec
have ideaspost #101805 of 1576315/25/16 at 12:57pmQuote:I don't know, but @casportpony may help with pictures and more specific information.Originally Posted by BusyBearMama
Anyone dealt with swollen feet in hens? I can't tell if her toes are broken or she has bumble foot or a tumor or what? It doesn't look great. She's one of our youngest hens and hides under stuff a lot so she's not usually getting in the way of things she was flipping out so u let her go but I have to go get her and see how she's doing in a secpost #101806 of 1576315/25/16 at 1:00pmpost #101807 of 1576315/25/16 at 1:01pm@daxigait
Saw the conversation on drill pluckers. Not sure if you already had a design in mind but I saw one on the DIY thread I think. Take a 4 inch PVC cap, drill a hole through it for a bolt, secure bolt with nuts to hold securely, notch side of cap to hold cut pieces of rubber cargo straps. Looked like it would work pretty good and relatively cheap. I will see if I can find it.post #101808 of 1576315/25/16 at 1:02pmQuote:
it almost looks like her foot is infected, something stuck in it
try soaking her feet in epsom salt bath
Edited by DwayneNLiz - 5/25/16 at 1:03pmpost #101809 of 1576315/25/16 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Angelicisi
Chicken hospital...for isolating a sick/bully or quarantine. Old playhouse with wired opening, crate as nest- branch for roost and regular feeder/water.
One of our barrel composters
Our homemade chicken plucker. Rubber bungee cords - PVC 4inch cap - bolt -washers. Lock to power drill.
One of our Hoop houses - PVC - netting & tarp.post #101810 of 1576315/25/16 at 1:05pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1246 Active Users (127 Members and 1119 Guests)
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 34 seconds ago
- › is there any way to cut feed costs 100%. ? 38 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 41 seconds ago
- › 📝guess the number for a chance to judge a contest 📝 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 3 minutes ago
- › Clucksville elementary! 3 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 5 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 5 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 8 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page