Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on Yesterday at 12:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on 10/18/16 at 6:37pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 10632
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #106312 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:39amQuote:Woohoo!! Congrats!Quote:glad to hear that you guys are safeOriginally Posted by Jessimom
I'm actually no where near in danger of these. There is a small mountain in between my other house and one of the fires. The second fire is a little further down the road from there. But, if those fires spread, then can burn all the way to Malibu (which they have done) or burn all the way into our valley (which they have also done).
Thankfully the smoke is blowing away our area. They have asked ALL large animal owners in the affected areas to evacuate their animals to a nearby junior college that teaches animal husbandry (and accounting, which I learned there).
I live near a lot of very dry hills, but there are at least 5 neighborhoods between them and me. So I feel safe from any of the brush fires that could crop up. My other house is much closer to the hills. I'm not sure what I would do if we did have to evacuate. We've lately been talking about what to do if there is a major earthquake. Not sure what chickens will do during a quake.Quote:have a safe trip, just stay positive about the speaking and breathOriginally Posted by jwlpoultry
Ok so as many of you may or may not know I will be leaving tomorrow and won't be back for a week. (Yes the trip got extended.) I won't be able to be on here until possibly Friday so I want to say good bye till I get back. Also I have to do some public speaking which I absolutely dread so encouragement and well wishes are greatly appreciated.
Will be back on in the morning but just wanted to let everyone know before I suddenly left.Quote:Rofl!!Quote:Sorry to hear that
Sounds like you need to set more eggs
Sorry about your chickQuote:Quote:Good luck with the eggs, and glad to hear the goose is safeOriginally Posted by heatherfeather7
Candled my eggs tonight, still have some mighty crazy air cells, but I think they are developing nicely (day 14). There is one I'm not sure about but it's so dark I just can't see. No bad odors so hopefully all is good.
My daddy goose, Henry, got tangled around one leg in some fishing line that someone lose in pond, I've been so worried about him, but thankfully it came loose today!Quote:Yayyyyy!!!Quote:That's probably the issuepost #106313 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:40ampost #106314 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:41amGood morning beautiful mc
☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️🌻🌼🌺🌸🌻🌷🌹🌺🌻🌻post #106315 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:42ampost #106316 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:43ampost #106317 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:44ampost #106318 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:45ampost #106319 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:46ampost #106320 of 1576316/5/16 at 3:46am🙋
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1728 Active Users (190 Members and 1538 Guests)
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 17 seconds ago
- › TheLukeMeister's Chat Thread!!! 22 seconds ago
- › Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock 46 seconds ago
- › I'm Building an Incubator - please don't bother asking permission... 47 seconds ago
- › Rooster thread 55 seconds ago
- › Turkey with an Upper Respiratory Infection 1 minute ago
- › Naked Neck/Turken Thread 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP) 2 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale