Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 10819post #108181 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:11pmSerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #108182 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:16pmQuote:
I'm certain of it.Quote:
That's what you said about ducks for a little while.post #108183 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:22pmI am gonna vanish right now, before yall start up the call picture torture.post #108184 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:24pmQuote:
How did you know what I was searching for? lolpost #108185 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:49pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #108186 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:50pmThread Starter
Congrats CH got pics?Quote:
yes, was lounging and thought it purdyyyy storm rolled in quickly thereafterQuote:Originally Posted by shahtir101
Quote:Thank you for the advice! She is a lot more perky here than she was at the vets so I don't think we will need to bottle feed her if she keeps up this behavior! She is nursing all the time and her stomach is full when you feel it! Mom and baby are a lot more relaxed now so I think part of it was the environment of the clinic!Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I seen that Peter! tons of babies again!
got it from chaos but thanks Benny!
Thanks sweets, I cant wait to see your GPyrenees! what color?
So pretty!! good luck with her!!!
does she suck from your finger? try putting karo on your finger and see if she will suck a little. Are you feeding her with a syringe now? the lady I got these from said to hold the bottle high straight up, try this with your finger a few times and then with some karo on the nipple, dont go crazy with kayro as I dont know if it does the same thing to goats as it does to babies and give poopers lol a little is ok alot I am not sure of!
WOW Happy Birthday Young Lady!!! how cool!!!
you sent it too just lovely!Quote:Originally Posted by h2oratt
Quote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
Vessel (preferred to use a polymethylpentene film because of its high oxygen permeability)
430ml polystylene plastic cup was used as the pod for the culture vessel
Artificial culture (distilled water / Calcium Lactate) benzalkonium chloride
This is the issue we need to figure out if we were to even attempt it..... We need PURE Oxygen *pure oxygen was aerated at approximately 500ml/h through the plastic tube inserted into the artificial vessel from day 17
How much Oxygen does a plant put off? just a thought, and since the film is stretched to have more permeability of oxygen, how much can one stretch this to its limit, and is there another way to add oxygen besides pumping it in? And I do realize that no plant produces O2 during the night, no matter which type of photosynthesis it does.
Just get a tank of o2
lol love that one!post #108187 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
Baby is doing great! We named her Evie! Mom and baby are much more relaxed now that they are at home. They aren't that stressed anymore and are doing great! I had to tape one side of the udder though so that Evie would nurse from the other side. They are both taking their antibiotic shots like pros and seem to be much better!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #108188 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:54pm@Sally Sunshine you can get tanks of oxygen onlinepost #108189 of 1576316/8/16 at 1:54pmpost #108190 of 1576316/8/16 at 2:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
Congrats CH got pics?
yes, was lounging and thought it purdyyyy storm rolled in quickly thereafter
you sent it too just lovely!
lol love that one!
Tank of oxygen at the welding supply. Then you get a regulator. So you can monitor how many liters an hour.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Missing feathers with yellow scabs on skin. Wet vent on drake.... 9 seconds ago
- › Unexpected Benefit of Raising Chicks in the Fall 1 minute ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 3 minutes ago
- › Purple question....... 5 minutes ago
- › Ways to learn the practical side of chicken keeping 9 minutes ago
- › I need advice please 13 minutes ago
- › cold dead chicks - can I bring them back? 23 minutes ago
- › DUCKs! Anconas, Muscovy, Calls and Silkie Ducks 24 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 26 minutes ago
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 33 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page