Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:18 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 1123post #11222 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:13amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Bubbles12345
Haha, I have been reading Sally's hatching 101, assist, bator building, etc articles until I'm almost reading them in my sleep!
Thanks, i'm planning to do my first batch in march/april. Luckily, as well as online support I have a neighbor who is pretty experienced with hatching so betwixt the two maybe I will actually hatch some...Quote:Originally Posted by venymae
Yes, they have to be modified so they produce the drugs. They have lots of genetically altered organisms that are super cool in medicine (viruses, bacteria, chickens, etc). Science is so cool! However, I don't want them putting them in my food willy-nilly especially so they have an excuse to use more chemical pest control. No. Thanks.
Oh man you are doing way more research than we did!
I think we read the hatching 101, looked at a couple coolerbator pictures and hit the ground running! Found a cooler, chopped a window in the top drilled some holes in the side, took apart an old lamp, cut off phone charger, snagged some wires and other random stuff we found, got an arduino and ordered a thermometer/hydrometer sensor from china (for $1 or something-took three weeks to get here! haha). The spouse programmed the thing and did some other magic with a couple other doohickys. I taped a piece of plastic from some salad clamshells as the windows, stuck in some recycled spaghetti jars filled with water for heat sinks and
Uglybator was born.
Then we just had to find the right size cup to get the humidity right. Hatched 9/12 our first try. Seriously. You can do it. Just get to it!
love that UGLYBATOR!!!Quote:Originally Posted by Saris
Hope your little one feels better soon @Sally Sunshine
thanks woke up 99.8 no school today think its in her chest bad antibiotics at this point
NOPE HE IS ALLLLL MINES!!!
GET A BUCK???Quote:Originally Posted by firedragon1982
CH, you and me are the only ones up right now!!
I candled my Swedish Flower Hen eggs, going into lock down on Sunday. Forgot to candle yesterday. And i took pics! So, these eggs only came from Portland, OR, an 6-8 hr car ride depending on the weather/drivers. Received 12, 2 were clear at day 10, 1 blood ring. 9 going strong!
cool candles! awesome on shipped!Quote:Originally Posted by perchie.girl
Oh yeah I live in the equivalent of the silicon valley of Biomed. The First experiments with bio-engineering bacteria to make it produce human insulin were done here in San Diego.
and No I wouldnt want it in the food chain.. But Monsanto let that genie out of the bottle.
Not going political here just stating the facts. I worked for a company that made gene splicing tools as a designer back in the eighties.
facts are facts yepp yepp perchQuote:Originally Posted by Scovy Momma
I they were sitting at 99-100 the whole time but for a couple of drops when it was pretty cold in the house. The lowest I saw was 96 but the heater would kick on & it would level out back up to 100. They were moving in there up to Sunday night. The air cells had gotten nice & level & we're actually round mostly & not saddled. Maybe it's just too cold for such a tiny bagel bator to keep up.
I have left them cooking still. I decided I hate myself if they got up to lock down & died but I'd be livid at myself if I quit on them & they were viable but late hatchers...I think I just am frustrated.
scovy do you have a thermo that shows the highs and lows in that bator? I am sorry sweetie I think you need to run a higher temp like I said beforeQuote:
sounds like you may have a pip by now!!Quote:
mornin scottpost #11223 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:17amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by canadachickens
God morning everyone! TGIF!!! Just caught up on the 120 or so posts I was behind on, now it's off to work for one more day! Hope everyone ha a great day! Will be sitting my eggs for the HAL after work, but they are silkies and the six hour delay shouldn't bother them as they always seem to hatch early for me. Except the two stinkers still in the hatcher from the last go round.
mornin cc get those chicks out of those eggs will ya!! I am callin them late and laterQuote:
oh lord! worry is for the old..... oh wait... sorry scott
I know right! mornin whites!
you got that right scott!!
see next post
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 12/11/15 at 4:20ampost #11224 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:19amThread Starter
mornin MC my troublemaker how is ducklin this mornin? have your pot of java yet?post #11225 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:22am:
Morning everyone!! It's Friday!! :
Getting my bators warmed up and I'll be setting my flock eggs in a little while.
As for the others...they are out there somewhere in the postal system but my tracking ain't worth a 💩 So I wait. Impatiently for them to arrive.We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!post #11226 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:24amQuote:
Love that pic!!!!!
Mornin everybody!post #11227 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:36amThread StarterQuote:
Mornin j&tpost #11228 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:36amThread Starter
that was all the humor I have for the day.... Happy fridaypost #11229 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:37amThread Starter
mornin bubblespost #11230 of 15763112/11/15 at 4:40am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 3 seconds ago
- › Coming here to get started with chickens... starting with breed advice 1 minute ago
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Melancholy 4 minutes ago
- › Erice the Emu and Eight Wild Chicks 4 minutes ago
- › Alpacas and chicken together? 5 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 7 minutes ago
- › Bantam roosters with standard size hens 8 minutes ago
- › Emu/large flightless bird coops! 9 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.