Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 6:51 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 11/25/16 at 11:36am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:15 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 11/15/16 at 8:48pm in Ducks
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 12/3/16
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 11/30/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
Our Blue Bell is a lovely bird. She is a great layer and good with the other 8- Sister Chicks. Good layer, 5-7 eggs per week. Not very friendly, and flies even with clipped...
We handled the chicks and they all come around us. The RR's are the dominant ones in the flock and really pick on the other 6 girls. When we are outdoors, the reds follow us like dogs, which we...
I have one Crested Blue Swedish, Squeaky. She has a Mate named Redford who is a male Black Swedish. I am pretty sure Squeaky (crest blue Swede) is a Crested Blue Swedish, her dad i think was but...
I have one little rooster and am seeking him a hen But I love him he is the cutest one we have he is the funniest
I loved my white cochin to pieces wish I still had her. She was my first broody that I've ever had and took great care of her chicks. Didn't lay eggs frequently. About 4 during a 7 day period.
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 130
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1292 of 15763111/11/15 at 2:53pmpost #1293 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:08pmpost #1294 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I am so happy you took it all in and listened to the T and got every egg to hatch and one that is most likely upsidedown!!! and that is not your fault
it makes a huge difference!!
This has to be the candle of the year!!!!! amazing catch!!!
yea come on over @TNLEGBAR62
we should all write him a letter saying she is not obsessed, she is just part of a cult
you can take them out now, only need them at the beginning.
you cant get it to a better temp with a higher watt bulb? or moving the thermostat a hair closer? 98 is not good even for a few hours a day, But nuff said on that
I cant wait to see if you can get better with candling... oh I forgot to tell you, sometimes people say their cell phone can candle better than their flashlights can see in!
good their sending you a replacement! I would still double check with other thermo/hygros
I am glad they are feeling better! if your really not sure and you cant see in it that great do the sniff test, if it doesnt stink let it in yet and sniff it in two days and try to candle it again.
awwwwww thats a bummer peep! I was so hoping they would all make it for you!
I like your response, I'll try that on him next time...haha!post #1295 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:37pmpost #1296 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:15pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by BG2heum
An egg exploded and got goo on the egg, causing increasing stink. I can't immerse to clean it, can i? . I'm misting and wiping the 4 stinky eggs. Today is 19 for the 4. Do you know of a way to clean, any thing like watered down H202? To dab on and rinse off? It's causing a LOT OF STINK in the room, and house. I have moved the 4 to the side to let them be together if they are gonna hatch. I can mist separately. I will try the egg carton to stop the rolling. I am turning 3+ times a day, sometimes just rocking the LG,(singing lullabies). How do I know pipping? What humidity do I need for the 19th day? This feed sure has helped me thru this! Bless y'ALL!
I agree with Cynthia12's response! get them clean stat!Quote:
what a lovely mix peep!!! look at the blue feeeeeeeeeettttt stickin out I seeeee demmmmmQuote:
GET TO IT WOMAN!!! Cant wait to see the build!!! are you gonna put it in a article to show others??? shhhhaaaweeeettt!!! enter it in a coop contest if they have one goin!post #1297 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:29pmQuote:Haha yup! The darker one has some feathers down there!Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I agree with Cynthia12's response! get them clean stat!
what a lovely mix peep!!! look at the blue feeeeeeeeeettttt stickin out I seeeee demmmmm
GET TO IT WOMAN!!! Cant wait to see the build!!! are you gonna put it in a article to show others??? shhhhaaaweeeettt!!! enter it in a coop contest if they have one goin!post #1298 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:56pmpost #1299 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:58pmThread StarterQuote:
oh no, you have no back up?post #1300 of 15763111/11/15 at 5:09pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › help!! something really strange is going on 16 minutes ago
- › LGDs 19 minutes ago
- › 8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long 28 minutes ago
- › When to start free ranging? 34 minutes ago
- › Topic of the Week - Roosters, Yes or No? 35 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 39 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 48 minutes ago
- › Im a newbie! 58 minutes ago
- › Ducks and bird flu lock down 58 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 59 minutes ago
- › Why are my hens not laying? Click here for...
- › Chickens at Sweet Pea's Rustic Roost
- › The Art Of Socializing Chickens
- › The Lowly Christmas Tree!
- › Fall Chickens
- › The Story of Pepper the Easter Egger!
- › My backyard Coop
- › The little banty flock~
- › My BYC Family (best friends)
- › Our Dead World member page