Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts, BantyChooks and more! Last post on Today at 11:47 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 3/21/17 at 6:35am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 2/16/17 at 10:03am in Ducks
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: Yesterday
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 3/18/17
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
I LOVE my buffs. We got chickens because my son and I are allergic to cats and dogs and the kids wanted pets. We got all buffs because I read that they were the best "beginner" chickens. They are...
My Favacauna named Raven is the nicest thing, and she lays a large green egg nearly every day. Her feathers have a beautiful blue shine and I absolutely love her feather cheeks. If you are...
I have had nothing but success with my Brinsea Mini Advanced. This will be my fourth hatching season with it running for at least six consecutive weeks, and it still works great! (Although the fan...
I have been searching for Malay for about half a decade now and finally got my first pair. They are more wonderful than I could have imagined. Their size and sturdiness is awe inspiring; they are...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 130
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1292 of 15763111/11/15 at 2:53pmpost #1293 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:08pmpost #1294 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I am so happy you took it all in and listened to the T and got every egg to hatch and one that is most likely upsidedown!!! and that is not your fault
it makes a huge difference!!
This has to be the candle of the year!!!!! amazing catch!!!
yea come on over @TNLEGBAR62
we should all write him a letter saying she is not obsessed, she is just part of a cult
you can take them out now, only need them at the beginning.
you cant get it to a better temp with a higher watt bulb? or moving the thermostat a hair closer? 98 is not good even for a few hours a day, But nuff said on that
I cant wait to see if you can get better with candling... oh I forgot to tell you, sometimes people say their cell phone can candle better than their flashlights can see in!
good their sending you a replacement! I would still double check with other thermo/hygros
I am glad they are feeling better! if your really not sure and you cant see in it that great do the sniff test, if it doesnt stink let it in yet and sniff it in two days and try to candle it again.
awwwwww thats a bummer peep! I was so hoping they would all make it for you!
I like your response, I'll try that on him next time...haha!post #1295 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:37pmpost #1296 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:15pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by BG2heum
An egg exploded and got goo on the egg, causing increasing stink. I can't immerse to clean it, can i? . I'm misting and wiping the 4 stinky eggs. Today is 19 for the 4. Do you know of a way to clean, any thing like watered down H202? To dab on and rinse off? It's causing a LOT OF STINK in the room, and house. I have moved the 4 to the side to let them be together if they are gonna hatch. I can mist separately. I will try the egg carton to stop the rolling. I am turning 3+ times a day, sometimes just rocking the LG,(singing lullabies). How do I know pipping? What humidity do I need for the 19th day? This feed sure has helped me thru this! Bless y'ALL!
I agree with Cynthia12's response! get them clean stat!Quote:
what a lovely mix peep!!! look at the blue feeeeeeeeeettttt stickin out I seeeee demmmmmQuote:
GET TO IT WOMAN!!! Cant wait to see the build!!! are you gonna put it in a article to show others??? shhhhaaaweeeettt!!! enter it in a coop contest if they have one goin!post #1297 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:29pmQuote:Haha yup! The darker one has some feathers down there!Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I agree with Cynthia12's response! get them clean stat!
what a lovely mix peep!!! look at the blue feeeeeeeeeettttt stickin out I seeeee demmmmm
GET TO IT WOMAN!!! Cant wait to see the build!!! are you gonna put it in a article to show others??? shhhhaaaweeeettt!!! enter it in a coop contest if they have one goin!post #1298 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:56pmpost #1299 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:58pmThread StarterQuote:
oh no, you have no back up?post #1300 of 15763111/11/15 at 5:09pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 16 seconds ago
- › Day old Chicks advice please 18 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 19 seconds ago
- › Chicken breeders- special orders? 24 seconds ago
- › 5 Dead in 24hrs 37 seconds ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 44 seconds ago
- › Duck egg veins but no air sac? 1 minute ago
- › Incubating Peafowl Eggs... 1 minute ago
- › 1 chicken dead and another unable to walk 1 minute ago
- › Worried 1 minute ago
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Hishigata
- › Orpington by jallen062
- › Favacauna by BlueJuniper
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by acemario
- › Malay by QueenMisha
- › Bantam-Cochin by givengrove
- › Ameraucana by melishkia
- › Featherman Poultry Set Up Special With Chill Tank by rjohns39
- › Jumbo White Coturnix by Jaromo99
- › Hamburg by AmandaKyle
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...
- › A Few of my BYC Besties
- › Duck Year, A Love Story
- › A Few of My BYC Friends...