Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:09 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 5:08 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act like a pet...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 130post #1292 of 15763111/11/15 at 2:53pmpost #1293 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:08pmpost #1294 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I am so happy you took it all in and listened to the T and got every egg to hatch and one that is most likely upsidedown!!! and that is not your fault
it makes a huge difference!!
This has to be the candle of the year!!!!! amazing catch!!!
yea come on over @TNLEGBAR62
we should all write him a letter saying she is not obsessed, she is just part of a cult
you can take them out now, only need them at the beginning.
you cant get it to a better temp with a higher watt bulb? or moving the thermostat a hair closer? 98 is not good even for a few hours a day, But nuff said on that
I cant wait to see if you can get better with candling... oh I forgot to tell you, sometimes people say their cell phone can candle better than their flashlights can see in!
good their sending you a replacement! I would still double check with other thermo/hygros
I am glad they are feeling better! if your really not sure and you cant see in it that great do the sniff test, if it doesnt stink let it in yet and sniff it in two days and try to candle it again.
awwwwww thats a bummer peep! I was so hoping they would all make it for you!
I like your response, I'll try that on him next time...haha!post #1295 of 15763111/11/15 at 3:37pmpost #1296 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:15pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by BG2heum
An egg exploded and got goo on the egg, causing increasing stink. I can't immerse to clean it, can i? . I'm misting and wiping the 4 stinky eggs. Today is 19 for the 4. Do you know of a way to clean, any thing like watered down H202? To dab on and rinse off? It's causing a LOT OF STINK in the room, and house. I have moved the 4 to the side to let them be together if they are gonna hatch. I can mist separately. I will try the egg carton to stop the rolling. I am turning 3+ times a day, sometimes just rocking the LG,(singing lullabies). How do I know pipping? What humidity do I need for the 19th day? This feed sure has helped me thru this! Bless y'ALL!
I agree with Cynthia12's response! get them clean stat!Quote:
what a lovely mix peep!!! look at the blue feeeeeeeeeettttt stickin out I seeeee demmmmmQuote:
GET TO IT WOMAN!!! Cant wait to see the build!!! are you gonna put it in a article to show others??? shhhhaaaweeeettt!!! enter it in a coop contest if they have one goin!post #1297 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:29pmQuote:Haha yup! The darker one has some feathers down there!Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I agree with Cynthia12's response! get them clean stat!
what a lovely mix peep!!! look at the blue feeeeeeeeeettttt stickin out I seeeee demmmmm
GET TO IT WOMAN!!! Cant wait to see the build!!! are you gonna put it in a article to show others??? shhhhaaaweeeettt!!! enter it in a coop contest if they have one goin!post #1298 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:56pmpost #1299 of 15763111/11/15 at 4:58pmThread StarterQuote:
oh no, you have no back up?post #1300 of 15763111/11/15 at 5:09pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Surviving Minnesota! 4 seconds ago
- › Quail hatch ? 51 seconds ago
- › What happened to this duck's wings? 1 minute ago
- › Totally taken by surprise with a chicken. Oy. 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 1 minute ago
- › I'm Building an Incubator - please don't bother asking permission... 2 minutes ago
- › calling all wild bird feeders!! 2 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 2 minutes ago
- › Wyoming Unite!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.